Expensive for 2.1 PC speakers but around £40 cheaper than anywhere else
The Razer Mako 2.1 bi-amplified multimedia speaker system is co-developed by the audio scientists of gaming audio leader Razer and audio industry pioneer THX Ltd. It is the first desktop speaker system to incorporate the THX Ground Plane and THX Slot Speaker technologies, as well as ClassHD Digital Amplifier Technology, which enable rich, omnidirectional audio effects that will redefine the desktop sound experience.
OmniDirectional Expanded Soundstage with THX Technologies
The innovative downward-firing design of the THX Ground Plane and THX Slot Speaker technologies eliminates distortion caused by the 'desk-bounce' phenomenon encountered with normal speaker systems, to create a rich, omnidirectional soundstage. Do check out the techical comparison chart here.
ClassHD Digital Amplifier Technology
The high-end ClassHD digital amplifier technologies intelligently manages the amplifier power to achieve greater power efficiency, lower distortion levels, and markedly better sound quality.
Exceptional Audio Quality with Bi-Amplified Satellites
The bi-amplified 50W satellites with DSP control deliver exceptional audio quality comparable to recording studio standards
* THX-certified quality and performance
* ClassHD digital amplifier technology with digital DSP control
* Higher efficiency curves, improved SNR and EMI, and lowered distortion levels
* Patented THX® Ground Plane and THX Slot Speaker technologies
* Downward-firing design with optimized acoustic enclosure
* All-in-one remote control pod with touch-sensitive LED dial
* 3.5mm auxiliary input minijack
* 3.5mm headphone minijack
* RCA audio input
* Frequency Range:25-20,000Hz (+/-2.5dB 40-18,000Hz)
* Total system power: 300W RMS
* Audio output via standard stereo 3.5 mm minijack
* Optional audio connection via RCA jacks