Siberian reindeer steak legs, frozen 350g for £5.99. Thats Xmas dinner sorted or even leave some out for Rudolf on Christmas Eve.
Its another luxury food brought to you by LIdl - View luxury brouchure on the left of their site for more info.
GORDON RAMSAY'S REINDEER STEW Ingredients
200g smoked bacon lardons or pancetta
800g reindeer meat cut into chunks
1 turnip, peeled and sliced
1 small red onion, peeled and sliced
1 large bulb of garlic, peeled and sliced
1 carrot, peeled and sliced
2 tbsp cloudberries
2 tbsp blueberries
1-2 tbsp red wine vinegar
½ bottle red wine
20g of grated dark chocolate
salt and pepper
a handful of snow
1. Heat a drizzle of olive oil in a large non-stick pan. Once hot, add the bacon lardons and fry for 1-2 minutes. Add the reindeer chunks, season with salt and pepper and allow to colour.
2. Stir in the turnip, red onion, garlic and carrot and continue to heat for 4-5 minutes to lightly colour the vegetables, then stir in the cloudberries and blueberries.
3. Add the red wine vinegar to the pan and swirl to deglaze. Pour in the red wine, bring to the boil and allow to reduce for approximately 8-10 minutes or until syrupy.
4. Add a handful of snow (or half a cup of water), bring back to the boil and then continue to simmer for a further 8-10 minutes until thickened.
5. Grate in the dark chocolate, heat for a further minute until thickened and nicely glazed. Correct the seasoning accordingly and serve at once.
Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1329594/Lidls-reindeer-meat-Backlash-budget-supermarkets-Christmas-launch.html#ixzz18Bdnj4rK