Not for me (I'm a fella) but this is a bargain women's bike. Far far far better (and safer) than the cheapo £40 catalogue bikes that seem to get voted hot on here.
Authentic women's-specific MTBs start here.
When we created our first women's-specific mountain bike, we christened it the Cadence. Like our Cuillin the Revolution Cadence has evolved to a range of 3 models: 2 of them with disc brakes, this XC model with V-brakes. Like our Cuillin range, every Cadence model boasts probably the best spec you will find in its price bracket. Unlike the Cuillins, every Cadence model has a women's-specific frame.
The women's-specific frame is based on the observation that women are generally 6" smaller than the average guy. Thus the Cadence frames top tube (AKA crossbar) is lower so you get more stepover clearance. Its also shorter. A shorter length top tube makes the handlebars closer, higher, and easier to reach. This does wonderful things to a bike. When youre no longer stretched forward, theres less weight on the wrists, less pressure from the saddle, and you dont have to strain your neck to look up and enjoy the view. If you have, up till now, found blokes bikes a pain in the neck (or the ass) its time to consider a Cadence.
* 7005-series aluminium frame. This frame helps make the bike light enough to ride uphill without too much effort. Even if you're only moderately fit. Yet it's built strong and true so it comes with a lifetime warranty.
* The frame has eyeletted seat stays and dropouts so it takes a pannier rack and full mudguards. If you prefer the Crud Catcher style of guard, the frame even has bosses and bolts on the down tube so you can screw on the mudguard and dispense with zip ties.
* The frame is disc brake compatible.
* Suspension fork with 50mm travel - dependable suspension from a company that makes 3,000,000 forks a year - SR SunTour.
* Decent alloy chainset, again from SunTour.
* Shimano 21-speed EZ Fire gear shifters - very light action means they are as easy to use as their name implies.
* Alloy wheels. QR (quick release) for convenience - no need to carry a spanner to remove the wheels.
* Tektro V-brakes are the best Shimano copies we've had the pleasure to use. Amazing to see this quality of brake on a sub-£200 bike.