I'm gutted that I missed Booshambles' deal this afternoon for the Xbox 360 version at the same price, but it was never mentioned that the PS3 version was the same price, it's still in stock so albeit with a heavy heart I thought I'd give all the PS3 owners a heads-up.
Rock Band 2 is the next evolution of the groundbreaking music platform that forever changed the face of music videogames. Rock Band 2 builds upon the original, challenging players to put together a band and tour for fame and fortune while learning to master lead/bass guitar, drums and vocals, and raises the bar to include an entirely new level of depth, connectivity, authenticity and exhilarating features. The Rock Band 2 soundtrack will feature over 100 songs - with 84 songs on disc plus an additional 20 bonus tracks available for free download. Players will have access to all previously purchased DLC tracks, packs and albums as well as future DLC releases, as well as the ability to export most of the original Rock Band disc tracks into Rock Band 2. The music in Rock Band 2 features all master recordings and spans all genres of rock from punk, metal and alternative to classic and southern rock.
* Requires a drum, microphone or guitar controller to play
* Rock Band instruments sold separately
* Unrivalled Song Library: Rock Band 2 features the biggest and most diverse soundtrack of all master tracks ever featuring some of rock's most prolific acts like AC/DC, Guns N Roses, Billy Idol, Jimmy Eat World, Fleetwood Mac, Rage Against The Machine, Pearl Jam, Smashing Pumpkins and more! Single, track packs and full album downloads, the Rock Band music catalogue will be larger than any other music videogame.
* Live the Rock Lifestyle: Link your custom character to your Rock Band website profile and get access to create personalised photos, statues resembling your in-game character and other merchandise from t-shirts to posters, just like a real band!
* Rock the World: Rock Band 2 offers new and dynamic online modes that will connect the entire Rock Band community in more ways than ever before, both locally and globally.
* Battle it Out: Go head-to-head competing against other bands with Battle of the Bands contests that will be generated by Harmonix on a daily and weekly basis.
* Stay on Top: Stay the undisputed leader board champion with real-time alerts updating you when another rocker or band has surpassed your score!
* Take on Tour Challenges: Play through mini-campaigns focused on a specific instrument, your favourite artist, your preferred genre, or a particular album.
* Customisable Set Lists: Create your own set lists in Quickplay mode to keep the music rolling and your band rocking!
* Star in Your Own Music Video: Win various challenges to unlock music video venues, allowing your band the opportunity to star in its very own music video while you play!