Seems to be a good price for this system. This is for the black model. You can get the white one at Planet Gizzmo for £79.99. (Must be harder to shift.) Tesco are selling these for £299.97 at the moment. £119.95 at Amazon.
Some good write up's and the spec seems pretty decent.
This CHARLiE 2.1 speaker system features a wireless receiver in the base of one speaker, offering a wire-free connection to the Roth Dock supplied, along with a powerful 25W subwoofer. In addition, with the USB input and the auxiliary input, these systems will work with anything you like.
The CHARLiE 2.1 system includes an amplifier capable of 25W per channel through the speakers and 25W from the subwoofer. The RothDock is also officially ‘Made for iPod‘ (so there is no need to adjust your iPhone‘s settings to airplane mode). They also include a 3.5mm auxiliary input and USB connectivity.
We also sell the CHARLiE 2.0, without a subwoofer.
Why use CHARLiE?
The sonics of most built-in laptop speakers tend to leave a lot to be desired and are often just bad. The new wireless-capable Roth CHARLiE desktop speaker systems aim to put an end to this, offering a powerful, polished sound from compact speakers.
- 25 watts Stereo Speaker plus Sub Woofer Setup
- Sub Woofer features integrated audio and input select controls
- Comes with RothDock Wireless Dock
- 3.5mm Auxiliary Audio Input
- USB Input
- Includes iTunes synchronisation ability
- Available in Black or White
- Power Output: 25w
- Frequency Response: 40hz-20khz(±2db)
- Harmonic Distortion: ≤2%
- Signal To Noise Ratio: ≥75db
- Input Impedances: Aux 10k ohm
- Output Impedance (L&R): 8 ohm
- Output Impedance (Sub): 4 ohm
- Transmitter Distance: 10m