Looks like a quality branded upscaling dvd divx player
* Digital Audio output (Optical and Coaxial) * Scart x 1 * SVideo out * RCA Jack * Component video out x 1 * DTS Digital out * Scan speed 4 step up to 128 times * Zoom and resume playback * Bookmark * Custom parental control * EZ View * Audio out x 2 channel L/R
HDMI output means best picture quality transferring high definition video and audio from your Hypervision DVD player to your HD compliant TV Home Theatre or other digiatl AV components without loss of any digital signal quality. Simply connect your DVD player to TV or Home Theatre with one easy simple cable and enjoy the best in picture and sound. The HD up conversion will convert the signal to 1080i/720p/576p standard onto your TV. DIVX movies and content downloaded via the PC can be enjoyed on Samsung's Hypervision DVD players. Multiple format playback can be enjoyed from all these compatible discs DVD, DVD-R, DVD-RW, DVD+R, DVD+RW, CD, CD-R, CD-RW, VCD, SVCD, DIVX, MP3, WMA, JPEG, HD-JPEG. EZ View, instant replay and skip functions add to the vieiwing experience.
Box Contains: # Samsung DIVX DVD Player - HD860/XEU Black/Silver # 230v AC mains lead # Remote control # Instructions/manual
To make region Free: Turn on the Player with no disc on the tray. The tv screen and the dvd lcd will display "No Disk"
2. Press the "Repeat" key on the Samsung remote control
3. Press the keys: "5 7 5 3 8" on the remote. Number 2 appears on the screen for a short time.
4. Press "9". Number 9 is displayed on the screen.
5. Press the "Open/close" button in the remote. The tray will open. Leave it open for a few seconds.
6. Just press the "On/off" button in the remote.
7. You now have a multi-region dvd player!!
Bad Points: HDMI Cable needs to be purchased separetely but still excellent value IMHO