With its frontier colonies devastated by a growing insurrection, Earth dispatches the elite 8th Armoured Infantry (nicknamed Section 8) to repel the coming onslaught. Section 8 is a sci-fi first-person shooter delivering the ultimate multiplayer experience. Shattering the worn-out clich?of the genre, players determine their own role in combat through customisation of weapons and armour and by altering the flow of battle - calling in 'deployables' and triggering objective-based missions that affect the entire battlefield.
- Burn in to battle from 15,000 feet: see the battlefield open up below, hit the air brakes and choose where you land.
- Dynamic Combat Missions alter the flow of battle and remove all predictability. Use your wits to gain victory instead of just doing the same things over and over again.
- Call in 'deployables' such as powerful gun emplacements, tanks and walking war machines to secure your hard-won territory or to gain a strategic advantage as you advance on the enemy.
- Choose your weapons, armour and more: don't be restricted to a class such as 'scout' or 'medic.'
- Incredible graphics, powered by a heavily modified Unreal Engine 3, delivering huge, open battlefields.
- Full single-player campaign telling the story of trooper Alex Corde.
- Unrivalled multiplayer combat allowing for clan, team and individual stat tracking.