Great game and the cheapest it's been by far.
The Wii finally gets a shoot 'em-up to be proud of with the latest and greatest action adventure from cult Japanese developer Treasure. Never mind about the plot, just enjoy the action as you take on waves of increasingly dangerous, and increasingly bizarre, enemies.
Nobody does boss battles as well as Treasure
Take to the highway for some vehicular monster hunting
Can you get yourself a place on the online leaderboard?
Levels switch styles from 2D to 3D and back again
Aim at the screen with the Wii remote and mow down mutants with your blaster or wait till they get close and use a powerful sword attack. You'll have to dodge all the incoming fire as well too, including taking to the skies with your jetpack/hoverboard.
What makes the game a classic though is the sheer variety of situations and enemies. The boss battles really push the envelope, from one that tries to flatten you with Tetris blocks to another that you end up being handcuffed to as you fight bare-fisted. If you're tired of identikit shooters this is one game you can guarantee will surprise you.
* Hidden Treasure: The Wii's best shoot 'em-up, from the cult developers of classics such as Gunstar Heroes and Ikaruga.
* Bullet Heaven: Intense shooter action with super slick 60 frames per second graphics, highly varied enemies and backdrops, and gigantic end-of-level bosses.
* Blasting Buddy: Have a friend join in with a special co-operative mode that adds an extra gun sight to the action for twice the mayhem.
* Board Games: Test yourself against the best players in the world with an instantly updated online leaderboard for each level.
* Control Yourself: Multiple control systems let you play the game however you want, with support for the Wii Zapper and the Classic Controller.
About the Developer: Treasure
One of the oldest independent studios in Japan, Treasure are behind such cult classics as Gunstar Heroes, Guardian Heroes, Bangai-O, Ikaruga, Astro Boy: Omega Factor, Gradius V and Sin and Punishment. They specialise in shoot 'em-ups and some of the best end-of-level bosses ever.
* Players can run on foot or take to the skies with a jetpack or hovering skateboard-like device to dodge enemy attacks or get a better lock on their targets
* Players can fire at targets in the distance or switch to sword attacks for close-range targets
* The Wii Remote controllers pointing ability is used to aim weapons, while the Nunchuk controller is used for positioning and manoeuvring
* Numerous settings include beautifully rendered cityscapes and dramatic underwater tunnels, all populated by fierce enemies
* Its all about the multiplier. The better a players skills, the more points are earned, and the bigger the bonus
* Players will want to play the game again and again to beat their personal best on each level
* The better the performance, the bigger the multiplier and the higher the final score