Good price for this fun game - elsewhere:-
Amazon UK £12.70
EA’s first foray into the skating genre results in a realistic simulation with a revolutionary new control system.
Set in the fictional city of San Vanelona, a location based on San Francisco, Vancouver and Barcelona, skate allows the player to customise their own character with which to explore the city. Offering the freedom to progress through the game in their own way, players can achieve fame by competing in a variety of events and photo-ops, or accomplish notoriety on the underground scene by enaging in death races and annoying security guards.
The core of the gameplay experience is determined by how skate controls, and with skate, EA use an excellent intuitive control system similar to the one implemented in boxing game Fight Night. While skating, the left stick controls the direction of the character, while the right stick enables the player to crouch down into an ollie position. Then, while airborne, players can use a combination of the triggers and sticks to pull off an array of tricks that make full use of the superb physics engine.
Incorporating a fully functional online mode (allowing users to upload runs and engage in multiplayer action), skate has come to challenge Tony Hawk as the most popular game in the genre.
* Flickit - The days of button mashing are over. The intuitive Flickit dual analog control lets you perform skill-based trick executions that capture the real-world feel and true attitude of skating.
* Define Your Style of Skating - Create your own style and personality with animation and physics that give you the freedom to decide how your skater looks, feels and rides. Get creative as you develop your own tricks and string them together to create lines.
* Without Footage, It's Fiction - Capture your sickest moves in game and bring them online for the world to see. Using innovative online video editing tools and add music to create the ultimate skate vid.
* Create Your Own Story - Skaters don't follow rules, they can choose how they want to progress through the game. Open progression allows gamers to skate how they want to skate. Become famous and generating mainstream hype or go the infamous route by outrunning security guards, owning spots and building street cred. Depending on how you roll in the game, you'll start seeing your own coverage in Thrasher or The Skateboard Mag.
* Make San Vanelona Your Playground - Get chased by security guards, impress and/or annoy the citizens in this fully reactive city. San Vanelona is the ultimate skate mecca where you can ride with pros, discover skate shops, and own spots to make them yours.
* Roll with the Pros - skate features professional legends and upcoming pros including Danny Way, Mark Gonzales, Rob Dyrdek, Mike Carroll, P.J. Ladd, Chris Cole, Jason Dill, Pat Duffy, Jerry Hsu, Paul Rodriguez and Dennis Busenitz.
* Online Gameplay - skate features an extensive online gameplay system including multiple online multiplayer modes. Gamers can hit up popular spots in the city with friends across the country.