Currys is selling Sky+ boxes for £29.99 in store! (plus £30 installation charge from Sky)
Here's the details courtesy of davejearly (Currys Employee) at DigitalSpy.
1. The offer of Sky+ for £29 + £30 installation is for ALL customers, and there is no need to buy anything from store, including a TV.
2. The boxes are NOT refurbs. If you receive a refurb, this is something to take up with Sky as they are using old boxes to do installations with. The box you receive should be brand new.
3. The offer is for NEW and EXISTING customers.
4. Existing customers do not need to change their current package at all and have no obligation to take Sky Talk or Sky Broadband.
5. The offer ends on 24/12/07.
6. A failed installation due to it being down as a relocation at Sky's end is a problem with Sky's booking service. There is only one way this offer can be booked in in-store and it should go through as an upgrade for new customers or a new install for new customers.
7. The Sky+ box on http://www.currys.co.uk
has nothing to do with this offer and is not the box you will receive.
8. You can not walk into Currys, sign up for the offer and walk away with a box to install yourself. Sky send an installer.
9. If you have paperwork telling you that you have to pay £10 per month for the Sky+ subscription, this is because the silly store rep has not chosen the 'replace current box' (only applies to EXISTING customers) option on the system. Choosing this option during the order removes the £10 charge and is a bug in the order process. You can either go back to Currys and tell them what I have said, or call Sky and the £10 monthly payment will be sorted out.
10. Installation dates are typically available from 3 business days after you sign up. You give your preferred date and Sky will contact you if they can't make it then. If Sky are able to meet your date, they will contact you by post a few days before your install with information.
I'm off to get mine in the morning!