Bet for Less by Signing up with Sky Bet
Sky Bet is the gambling arm of Sky Sports, who pioneered satellite sports broadcasting in the 1980s and 90s, famously capturing the rights to events like the Premier League and Test Match Cricket. In 2000, Sky decided to launch a betting company to run alongside its broadcasting activities. Sky Bet was born when the company acquired Sports Internet Group, and formally launched in 2002. Since then, Sky Bet has developed a huge following, allowing sports fans to bet via the internet, smartphones, telephones and interactive television. Whether you want to place a few pounds on your local team or regularly back teams on the other side of the world, www.skybet.com is the place to do so.
Where to Gamble with Sky Bet
Sky Bet doesn’t run any high street betting shops, but they do offer plenty of ways to place a bet all the same. One way to place a bet is by calling the Sky Bet phone line on: 08000 724221. You can also use Sky’s digital television service, but by far the most popular option is to use either skybet.com or the Sky Bet smartphone app for Android.
Product Categories on Skybet.com
When you visit skybet.com, you’ll find a wide range of different ways to gamble, including the following major product categories:
- Sports betting: Place wagers on sports like football, tennis, cricket, golf, horse racing, Aussie rules, NFL, cycling, darts, boxing, athletics, baseball, basketball, badminton, motor racing, greyhound racing, curling, skiing, ice hockey, netball, rugby union, rugby league, pool, snooker, UFC, MMA and even yachting.
- Other betting areas: Customers can also bet on political events, virtual sports, and, should you be interested, TV and film events such as award ceremonies.
- Sky Vegas: Here you'll find a virtual casino complete with slots, roulette, jackpots, blackjack, 3 card brag, poker, and branded fruit machines featuring cartoon characters and film franchises.
- Sky Casino: This features a live casino with in-person croupiers to guide you through the games, which include live blackjack, poker, roulette and slots.
- Sky Poker: This is a special section dedicated solely to online poker. It includes quick cash games, tournaments, sit and go games that can be entered and exited quickly, as well as The Academy, where you can learn the ropes and The Forum, where players swap tips and experiences.
- Sky Bingo: Here you can see a similar section dedicated to bingo. Features live versions of classic bingo as well as games themed around the bingo format.
- Super 6: This is a sports betting game fronted by TV presenter Jeff Stelling which involves making six match predictions (the matches are chosen by Sky) every week for a £250,000 jackpot. You can also play with teammates in the 'six a side' section, while pundits provide analysis of every game to guide your decisions.
- Fantasy Football: In this category, you'll come across a traditional fantasy football game that awards points to your team for assists, clean sheets, goals etc. Awards weekly and monthly prizes for the best performing sides and features an in-depth statistical database to help you pick your best eleven.
- Channel 4 Pick 6: This is a variant on Pick 6 which involves horse racing. Pick the winners of six specific races to win a big weekly cash prize.
- Sporting Life: For avid readers, there is the Sky Bet magazine. Features match reports and previews, information about the latest odds and sub-sections for every sport covered by Sky Bet.
- Virtual Sports: Sky Bet also allows you to bet on virtual horse and greyhound races, motor sports, football matches, and speedway.
In addition to these main sections, the Sky Bet website has plenty of other features. There’s a "free betting tips" section with up-to-date advice from experts and a huge promotions section with this week’s discounts and free bets. For horse racing fans, the Horse Racing Form tool is crucial, and there’s a betting calculator to help you find the best odds.
Placing a Bet on Sky Bet
Before you can start gambling with Sky Bet, you’ll need to create an account. As with all online gambling services, users also need to pass the site’s verification processes, which are usually very quick and efficient.
To sign up, go to the "Join now" button on the front page, enter your details and click “Yes, I want to create an account”. Look up your address, answer a few questions about personal details, agree to the terms and conditions and then click 'complete registration'. After adding your card details, you will be ready to deposit some cash in your Sky Bet account.
Sky Bet’s Loyalty Scheme
Sky Bet runs a scheme called the Sky Bet Club which entitles members to a £5 free bet when they stake £25 or more every week. Once you’ve created a Sky Bet account, you can sign up with the click of a button and opt out at any time.
Sales on Skybet.com
Skybet.com regularly offers free bets and discount promotions for their customers to use, and all of them can be found in the promotions section of the Sky Bet website.
In addition, Sky Bet also operates a 'best odds guaranteed' system for horse racing only. If you back a horse at odds that change before the result of the race, Sky Bet will match the best price possible. So, there’s no need to worry about the starting price. It’s the price when your horse wins that matters.
Sky Bet also runs flash sales at times of year. For example, it offers Black Friday flash sales with special odds for major sporting events.
Keep track of all of the latest Sky Bet odds by bookmarking their promotion pages and the HotUKDeals Sky Bet listings.
Payment Methods Accepted by Sky Bet
Customers using Sky Bet can use the following payment methods to recharge their account: Visa, Visa Debit, MasterCard, Maestro, Electron and Laser, as well as any PayPal account linked to these cards. You can also use more than one card with your account if needed (up to a maximum of three).
Cashing out from Sky Bet
When you place bets on most sporting events with Sky Bet, you can cash out at any stage. If your bet qualifies, you can use the My Bets section to instantly convert your bet into cash in your account.
Withdrawing funds from your Sky Bet account is just as simple. When you want to make a withdrawal, click on the "Withdraw funds" link at the top left of the screen. Alternatively, go to your account and use the "Withdraw" button.
Now, enter the amount of money you’d like to withdraw and the payment card you’d like to send it to. Then just press the "Withdraw funds" button.
Withdrawals won’t be credited to your account straight away, but Sky Bet promises to process all withdrawals within 2-5 working days of a request being made. Saturday and Sunday aren’t counted as working days, so a withdrawal request made on Friday will be processed on Tuesday at the earliest.
You can’t withdraw amounts smaller than £10 either, although there is no maximum limit.
Cancelling Bets and Accounts on Skybet.com
Generally, Sky Bet will not cancel bets once they have been made. So, if you change your mind or the odds change, you have to follow through. However, there may be some exceptions. For example, if your horse pulls out through injury, Sky Bet may allow you to withdraw your stake.
If you need to talk to Sky Bet about changing a bet, give them a call on: 0330 0244777 (8:00-00:00, 7 days a week).
Closing an account is not a problem. To close a Sky Bet account, just get in touch with the Customer Service Team and request that they delete your account. Give them a call on: 0330 0244777 (8:00-00:00, 7 days a week).
Be aware that accounts are closed for good and you cannot reopen a Sky Bet account. If you want to return to the Sky Bet service, the best option is to give the team a call on the number above and discuss your options.
Sky Bet’s Social Media Presence
The world of online sports betting and casino gambling is a fast moving one, and new promotions, games and ways to bet are always being introduced. This makes the sector perfect for social media, and Sky Bet is active across all major platforms. Sky Bet channels are a great source of information for gamblers and sports fans, with analysis, odds and promotions all figuring prominently. You can follow Sky Bet on:
The Sky Bet website is another excellent source of betting tips and information. Check out the "Free betting tips" section if you are struggling to work out who to back or go to the company’s blog site Sporting Life for more in-depth articles and features.
Using the Sky Bet App
Sky Bet Mobile is a crucial part of the company’s operations, and it’s the ideal way to bet on the move. The app makes it easy to cash out wherever you are, helping you to get the best odds and minimise your risks. It also includes links to Sky Vegas and Sky Bingo games as well as Sky Sports News and the latest cricket and football scores. You can download it for Android and iOS devices and it’s a great way to get more from your Sky Bet account.
Contacting Sky Bet
If you want to find out more about signing up, placing bets, cashing out, withdrawing or closing your account, it’s easy to get in touch with Sky Bet. You can reach them via the following methods:
Most basic questions about the services provided by Sky Bet can be dealt with by the company’s handy FAQ section.