Enjoying Cut Price Sporting Deals From Sky Sports
Operated by the satellite and cable broadcaster Sky Plc, Sky Sports started life as a minor part of the company in the late 1980s. However, the decision to snap up the rights to football’s Premier League changed all that, and by the mid 1990s, Sky Sports had become a household name. Nowadays, you’ll find five separate generic sports channels alongside pay per view and specialist channels dedicated to particular sports, along with Sky Sports News. Customers can use digital services to watch their favourite sports as well as watching in HD or 4K modes for an even more immersive experience.
Where to Buy Sky Sports Subscriptions
If you want to sign up a Sky Sports subscription and already own a satellite dish or have a cable connection, you can purchase one of the packages available online at www.skysports.com. If you are new to Sky, you can also order a digital box and set up the right combination of sports channels by shopping on their website.
Sky Sports channels can also be accessed via other cable and satellite providers, including Talk Talk, Virgin Media, UPC and BT.
Product Categories at Sky Sports
Sky Sports’ broadcasting schedule includes the following channels:
- Sky Sports 1-5 – General sports broadcasting including sports like football, rugby league, rugby union, cricket, athletics, snooker, boxing, swimming, cycling, canoeing, tennis, badminton and golf.
- Sky Sports F1 – A special channel dedicated to Formula 1 racing. Includes different classes of motor sport, interviews and features on major events and manufacturers.
- Sky Sports Extra – An online only channel for Sky Sports subscribers. Includes extra football matches from Spain’s La Liga, American Football, and boxing matches.
- Sky Sports News HQ – The place to go for breaking news from all sports, with an emphasis on football. Includes full information about current horse racing meets and plenty of news features about featured sports on Sky.
- Sky Bet – Sky’s own betting service. Run in conjunction with Sky Sports, Sky Bet allows users to place bets on the events covered by the firm’s sports channels. Includes plenty of free bets and price boosts for Sky Sports subscribers.
- Score Centre – An online service that provides real time updates across the whole spectrum of sports covered by Sky Sports.
- Games – Includes free predictor and fantasy football games with regular cash prizes, with many games available as apps that can be downloaded to Android or Apple smartphones.
Sky Sports also offer a variety of different packages for customers to choose from. Options include:
- Day, week or monthly passes – Allow Now TV customers have access to Sky Sports’ channels on a day by day basis and do not require a contract. Ideal for watching one-off football or cricket matches if you don’t intend to buy a full subscription.
- Sky Go – Allows users to watch Sky Sports wherever they want, with extensions for mobile devices and multiple televisions or computers.
- The Standard Sky Sports Package – features all 7 major Sky Sports channels, access to Sky Go and Sky’s mobile apps.
Major Events Covered by Sky Sports
Sky make a point of securing the broadcast rights to some of the world’s biggest sporting brands. Major events on offer include:
- The Premier League
- The Ashes
- The Cricket World Cup and the IPL
- The Ryder Cup, US Masters and US Open golf tournaments
- Tennis’ US Open, the Australian Open and the French Open
- The Super Bowl
- Formula One Grand Prix races
- World Boxing title fights
Making a Purchase From Skysports.com
To set up a Sky Sports subscription, just log onto skysports.com and head to the Get Sky Sports section, where you will find a range of different purchasing options. Choose the kind of subscription or pass that you prefer and then head to the checkout to complete the process. All customers need to sign up with Sky Sports. This helps to manage your subscription and contact with Sky’s customer service team, so it is worth it.
Sales at Sky Sports
Sky Sports don’t have a sale section on their website, but they do run regular promotional deals for new and existing customers. To find out about the latest deals, the best place to head is the Sky.com shop, which features all Sky Sports’ offers.
Another great way to stay in touch with Sky Sports’ discounts is by bookmarking the Sky Sports HotUKDeals listings pages. Sky often runs promotional codes offering savings for their customers, and you may well be able to pick up a discounted day pass for your favourite event.
Payment Methods Accepted by Skysports.com
Sky processes all Sky Sports subscriptions via their in-house Sky Payments service, which accepts the following payment methods: All Visa credit and debit cards and all MasterCard cards (not American Express, Maestro or Solo).
Shipping Options from Sky Sports
- If you are already a Sky customer or have Now TV installed, you can have your Sky Sports subscription up and running in seconds.
- If you are a new user, Sky will need to send you through the right equipment to use their service. This will usually include a specialist remote control and a digital box to receive Sky’s cable signal.
- When you place an order with Sky, you can track it to ensure that everything is running smoothly. To do so, head to the order tracking page and sign in using your Sky account ID.
Cancelling a Sky Sports Package
- If you wish to cancel your Sky Sports subscription, the first thing to do is to contact Sky Sports. The best way to do so is to give them a call on: 03300 412532 (8:30am-8pm, 7 days a week). Alternatively, you can talk directly to a Sky customer services representative via their Live Chat function.
- Sky will ask for a few details to verify that you are the account holder in question and will then process the cancellation request.
- Customers need to give Sky 31 days cancellation notice, and in this period they can reconsider their decision with no penalty.
Sky Sports’ Social Media Presence
Sky Sports features a constantly changing array of sporting events, and keeping track of what’s on can be tough. But checking out their social media channels is a great way to stay informed about upcoming events. Sky also offer plenty of exclusive content for their followers, along with expert analysis and competitions. You can follow them at:
There are also plenty of blogs and other sections of the Sky Sports site. For example, cricket fans should check out the Cricket Live Blog, while the Transfer Centre provides up to the minute information about football signings. Pundits have their own personal blogs and there are special blogs for F1 as well. If you want to find out about the latest news from the sporting world, the whole site is indispensible.
Using the Sky Sports App
Sky Sports have embraced smartphone technology and offer their customers a wide range of different apps to enhance their viewing experience. For example, there’s the Football Score Centre, the Cricket Score Centre, the Sky Bet App and the general Sky Sports App which provides live streaming services. You can download the main Sky Sports App from the iTunes Store or Google Play.
Contacting Sky Sports
Getting in touch with Sky Sports’ customer service team is easy, and customers have a number of ways to do so:
- The easiest way to speak with Sky is probably giving them a call at: 03300 412 532 (8:30-8pm, 7 days a week).
- There is also a specific complaints hotline for all Sky TV services 03442 414141.
- If you want to contact them via e-mail, there is an easy to use contact form on the Sky Sports help site.
- Mobile users can e-mail a specialist team at [email protected].
- Alternatively, you can write to Sky with your complaint or query by post:
- Customer Complaints
Sky Subscriber Services Ltd
PO Box 43
West Lothian, EH54 7DD
If you have a basic query regarding what’s on, how to set up your box or how to change your subscription, you may need to make contact. Instead, the information you need should be available from Sky’s FAQ section, which can be found on their website.
Sky Sports broadcast some of the world’s greatest sporting spectacles. From the Ryder Cup to the Super Bowl, there are plenty of events that can only be watched with a Sky Sports subscription. Sky offer plenty of vouchers and discounts for their services, so watch the sports you love and save money by checking out the offers available at the Sky Sports HotUKDeals listings.