I did this last year staying BOGOF at a Holiday Inn Express and had a nice free room at the Crowne Plaza in London! :)
Not sure if they have closed this loophole but a free night in a hotel is not bad!
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
1. Eligibility: Must be a Priority Club® Rewards (“PCR”) member (“Member”) to participate in either the Free Night or the Double Points/Miles Promotion. To join PCR for free, visit http://www.priorityclub.com.
Must register PCR membership number in advance at http://www.priorityclub.com/sweetdilemma.
and provide a valid email address. Residents of Asia Pacific countries are not eligible; to view a list of Asia Pacific countries, please click here.
2. Promotion/Offer: PCR Members have the choice of EITHER earning Free Nights Promotion OR Double Points/Miles Promotion but not both.
3. Double Points/Miles Promotion: Member will earn Double Points/Miles starting with the 2nd qualifying stay stayed at any IHG hotel worldwide, including InterContinental® Hotels & Resorts, Crowne Plaza®, Hotel Indigo®, Holiday Inn®, Holiday Inn Express®, Express by Holiday Inn™ and starting with the first qualifying stay at Staybridge Suites®, and Candlewood Suites® hotels (“Double Points/Miles Promotion”). Registration into Double Points/Miles Promotion will end on December 20, 2010. If a member is registered for the Double Points/Miles promotion, they will earn toward this promotion for stays made globally. See http://www.priorityclub.com/sweetdilemma
for terms and conditions for Double Points/Miles Promotion.
4. Free Nights Promotion: The Free Nights Promotion is: One free night at participating hotels for every two Qualifying Stays paid and stayed at any IHG hotel worldwide (except in Asia Pacific countries), including InterContinental® Hotels & Resorts, Crowne Plaza®, Hotel Indigo®, Holiday Inn®, Holiday Inn Express®, Express by Holiday Inn™, Staybridge Suites®, and Candlewood Suites® hotels (the “Free Nights Promotion”), between September 20, 2010 and December 31, 2010 (the “Promotion Period”). Registration into The Free Nights Promotion will end on December 20, 2010. Members registered for the Free Nights Promotion who have completed the appropriate number of Qualifying stays will automatically be emailed of notification that they have qualified for a free room night at participating hotels (“Free Night Notification”). The e-mail will be sent to the email address that is on the Priority Club Member Profile at that time. Member must maintain current, valid email address in Member Profile to receive Free Nights Promotion communications. The free room night includes only the room rate and applicable taxes (“Free Night”). Free Night Notifications will be e-mailed beginning on or about November 1, 2010; date of e-mail will vary based on check-out date and when the stay is recorded by PCR. Allow up to 14 days from check-out for receipt of Free Night Notification.
5. What is a Stay? A “Stay” is defined as one night or consecutive nights at the same hotel, regardless of frequency of check-in/out.
6. What is a Qualifying Stay? Member must first be registered prior to check-out for the Free Nights Promotion to apply. The room must be booked at a Qualifying Rate, the PCR membership number must be given at the time of booking and the Member must actually check-in and stay between September 20, 2010 and December 31, 2010, and pay for the stay in full.
7. What is a Qualifying Rate? are most business and leisure rates, including the hotel’s Advance Purchase Rate, Best Flexible Rate, worldwide sales negotiated rate, national/regional/local government rate and specified leisure rates as confirmed by IHG’s Holidex® Plus reservations systems. Qualifying Rates do not include net wholesale individual and group rates, certain package rates, employee discount rate, friends and family rate, crew rate, special discounted contract rates, seasonal worker rate, travel club discount rate, travel industry discount rate, distressed passenger rate, Priority Club Reward Nights/airline Hotel Reward rate, most rates booked through most third party web sites, complimentary hotel stays and any other rates not defined above as a Qualifying Rate.
8. Earning: A maximum of five Free Night Notifications may be earned per Member during the Promotion Period. Only one room per Member per stay may be applied toward earning a Free Night Notification. No retroactive Free Night Notifications will be awarded for stays prior to registering for this Free Nights Promotion. Members must use their PCR member number at time of booking failure to do so will invalidate the stay as a Qualifying Stay. Members registered for the Free Nights Promotion will not earn toward the Free Nights Promotion for stays made in Asia Pacific countries; they will however earn base Priority Club points.
9. Redemption: Beginning November 1, 2010, each Free Night may be redeemed only at http://www.priorityclub.com/bookfreenights
for a reservation for one Free Night at any participating IHG hotel between December 1, 2010, and May 31, 2011, inclusively (the “Redemption Period”). Multiple Free Nights earned by a Member may be redeemed individually or collectively at the same time. Up to five Free Nights may be redeemed for reservations at the same time. Each Free Night is valid only for one standard room for one room night and applicable taxes at participating hotels. Reservations must be made in advance of desired date of Free Night and must be for stays during the Redemption Period.. Members must use their PCR member number at time of booking.
10. Redemption restrictions: Free Nights do not include the cost of food and beverages, gratuities or incidentals. These charges must be paid directly to the hotel prior to check-out. Free Night reservations require a credit card to guarantee the reservation and credit card will be required at check-in. Free Night(s) cannot be sold or transferred. Free Night(s) must be used at time of booking, not at the time of the hotel stay. Free Night reservations are not travel agent commissionable and Free Night(s) have no value until presented for redemption by the Member
11. Room availability: Members may determine if a participating hotel has Free Nights available by visiting http://www.priorityclub.com/bookfreenights
and searching by city or date. Rooms are limited, subject to prior sale and may be unavailable during high demand periods. Each participating hotel has limited room inventory available for Free Nights. Free Night rooms are subject to the maximum occupancy requirements of the hotel and local regulations.
12. Non-Participating hotels: Hotels in Asia Pacific are not participating in the Free Nights Promotion in either the earning or the redemption periods. Individual hotels may leave the IHG system during the Free Nights Promotion or Redemption Periods and thereafter no longer participate in the Free Nights Promotion
13. Cancellations and no-shows: Free Nights may be cancelled online but cannot be modified. There is no refund or redeposit of Free Nights for cancelled reservations or for no-shows. Members who cancel or no show for their Free Night reservation forfeit the free night.
14. Frequency Credits:
(a) During Free Nights Promotion Period: Once registered for the Free Nights Promotion and during the Promotion Period, Members will not earn base or elite Priority Club points, airline miles, or any other frequency credit earning preference Members have chosen (“Frequency Credits”) for the room rate, food and beverage charges or any other incidental charges for any stays at any IHG hotel (except at hotels in those countries in which the Promotion is void), whether pursuant to this Promotion or otherwise, even if the Member has previously registered for, or is otherwise qualified for, another promotion and even if the Member has already earned the maximum of five Free Nights during the Promotion Period. In other words, participation in this Free Nights Promotion excludes the receipt of base and elite Frequency Credits for stays from the date of registration for this Free Nights Promotion until December 31, 2010. Bonus Frequency Credits, however, will be awarded pursuant to the terms of any other promotion in which Member is participating.
(b) During Redemption Period: During the Redemption Period, Members will not earn any Frequency Credits for the Free Night room rate equivalent and applicable taxes; however, base and elite Frequency Credits will be awarded for all other eligible charges to the Member's room (except at InterContinental Hotels & Resorts, where Frequency Credits are awarded per stay only), subject to PCR Membership Terms and Conditions, found at http://www.priorityclub.com.
15. All-inclusive resorts additional terms: During the Promotion Period, base and elite Frequency Credits will also not be earned on the all-inclusive benefits. All-inclusive plans are based on double occupancy maximum. Extra person charges apply beyond double occupancy. During the Redemption Period, Free Nights at all-inclusive resorts include all-inclusive benefits, but Members will not earn any Frequency Credits for the Free Night room rate equivalent and applicable taxes or for the all-inclusive benefits; base and elite Frequency Credits will be earned, however, on extra person charges and other incidental charges charged to the Member’s room (except at InterContinental Hotels & Resorts, where points are awarded per stay only).
16. Meeting Rewards: Priority Club Meeting Rewards members will receive Meeting Rewards points during the Promotion and Redemption Periods pursuant to the PCR Membership Terms and Conditions.
17. Elite Members: Room upgrade and 72-hour availability benefits do not apply to Free Nights. Free Nights will not count toward achieving Elite status, but the paid nights stayed during the Promotion Period will count toward achieving Elite status..
18. eCommunications: Upon registration for this Promotion, Members will be invited to opt-in to receive eCommunications from Priority Club Rewards. Members can opt-out by changing their communication preferences in their Member Profile online or at time of registration. The email address given at registration for this Promotion will be automatically updated in the Member’s Profile.
19. In the event Members need to report a missing stay or Free Night not received, they have until February 28, 2011 to do so by contacting the local PCR Service Center. No adjustments will be made after this date.
20. PCR reserves the right to restrict, suspend, modify or substitute this Promotion at any time upon placement of a notice on the PCR web site at http://www.priorityclub.com
and on the Free Night redemption web site at http://www.priorityclub.com/bookfreenights,
but will award and honor Free Nights for which a Member has qualified prior to PCR sending the Member a notice to the email address in the Member Profile.
21. This Free Nights Promotion is void in Asia Pacific and where prohibited by law. Hotels located in such countries will not be participating in this Free Nights Promotion. The Promotion is subject to the Priority Club Rewards Membership Terms and Conditions found at http://www.priorityclub.com.
22. Severability: Any provision of these Terms and Conditions that is prohibited or unenforceable in any jurisdiction will be ineffective only to the extent of such prohibition or unenforceability and all other provisions will remain in force.
23. Governing law: This Agreement shall be governed and construed in accordance with the laws of the State of Georgia, U.S.A.
24. Sponsor: Six Continents Hotels, Inc., Three Ravinia Drive, Suite 100, Atlanta, Georgia 30346-2121 U.S.A.