Supposedly only open to students. You might have a hard time getting the rebate if you try and cheat. I bought a Macbook Pro 13.3" as I thought it was best value for money, but it should work with other's too. Probably the Macbook Air is the 2nd best option. Here it goes:
1. Phone Apple on 0800 072 1154 (if I recall correctly, press 1 then 1, don't quote me on that though!)
2. Tell them your uni and your name.
3. Ask for a Macbook Pro 13.3" and iPod Touch 8GB with the £145 rebate offer.
** Macbook Pro @ £772.80 (THAT'S RIGHT, NOT £845.25 AS IT SAYS ON THE LINK)
** iPod Touch 8GB @ £165.00
**** I also purchased a 3-year extended warranty "AppleCare Protection Plan" for £46, which is uber-cheap compared to the £195 they usually charge ****
My order has been dispatched, this is how far I am so far, but I don't forsee any problems with the next 2 steps:
4. You will be instructed on the phone NOT to throw away your iPod Touch packaging. Submit an online rebate claim for £145 for your iPod Touch 8GB: https://input.media.euro.apple.com/uk/programmes/backtoschool/
TOTAL: £792.80 (£937.80 - £145.00)
5. Sell your iPod Touch on eBay for ~£142.80 (:P) net
TOTAL: £650.00 (£792.80 - £142.80)
Maybe a little optimistic with the iPod touch eBay price, but I think £650 is exceptionally good!! I would highly suggest taking the 3-year warranty (it also includes tech support) as I was explicity told by the representative on the phone that the contract *IS* transferable if you sell the laptop to someone else.
If you have any problems you could try asking to speak to Annmarie as that is the person I dealt with directly and she was very helpful.
I went out today and when I got back I had several emails... my laptop and ipod were dispatched, and I also had a request for a digital image of my student ID card or university acceptance letter.