Great price for a great game, elsewhere around the £20 mark (Play £24.99, £24.46 @ Shopto, £24.79 @ Simplygames), with quidco its around £4.50 delivered, sorry if posted before, did have a look but my searching technique leaves a lot to be desired!!
Italian game developer ARTEMATICA has faithfully recreated the original tabletop football game on the Nintendo handheld, making full use of the Dual Screen functionality. Gamers interact with the game using the stylus on the lower screen to set the player position, defend, attack, pass and shoot, with full control over ball.
Using the finger-flick icon on the screen, the player can choose the angle and power of the kick just like the real thing. The upper screen gives real time feedback on all the match action with fouls, goals and even those all-important aerobatic shots.
Fully customisable Tournaments and Traditional Leagues are available, as well as a powerful game editor, allowing gamers to create new teams and change player names and colours. A comprehensive tutorial mode provides all the information on learning the basics along with the official Subbuteo rules.
Taking the game beyond the single player mode, Subbuteo players can challenge other players in a multiplayer game using the Nintendo Wi-Fi connection.
Subbuteo on Nintendo DS Features:
* Play in fully customisable tournaments and traditional leagues.
* Play on the DS using the official Subbuteo rules.
* Tutorial Mode to learn all the basics of Subbuteo football
* The entire soccer game will be shown on the upper Nintendo Screen.
* Faithfully recreated from the original Subbuteo table game but with a more colourful, cartoon style
* A powerful editor allows the player to create new teams, change player names and strip colours providing a totally individual team selection