£17.99 at play.com
Superman The Movie:
The movie that makes a legend come to life. You know the story. The planet Krypton is doomed. Only one man, Jor-El, knows it and rockets his infant son to refuge on a distant world called Earth. As Jor-El´s son grows to manhood, he learns he possesses super-powers he must hide from ordinary mortals around him. It takes a big movie to contain the considerable talents of Marlon Brando, Gene Hackman, Jackie Cooper, Glen Ford, Margot Kidder, Valerie Perrine and at its heart, the most human portrayal of the Man of Steel, Christopher Reeve. Superman, an Academy Award winner (1978) for special achievement in visual effects, is more than big enough. Directed by Richard Donner, Superman: The Movie makes us believe this epic story all over again.
A nuclear explosion in outer space has freed rebel General Zod and his evil cohorts from their captivity in a fragment of Kryptonite. Having been banished from Krypton for their treachery against Jor-El they now plot revenge on his son - Superman. Arch villian Lex Luthor offers his services to Zod, meanwhile Lois Lane has discovered Clark Kent´s identity. Will Superman surrender his superhuman powers to marry her or will he save the city of Metropolis? Original cast members from Superman create a blend of thrills, humour and humanity that makes this sequel great fun for the whole family.
* The Magic Behind The Cape" - A look at the opticals, flying tests and other special effects that were created for Superman including interviews with the effects supervisor and unit director (23 minutes)
* Making Superman: Filming the Legend" - A behind-the-scenes view of how it all came together including interviews with director Richard Donner, Margot Kidder, Christopher Reeve and others (30 minutes)
* Taking Flight: The Development of Superman" - The trial-and-error to make a man "fly" and other filming breakthroughs
* New interviews with the stars and the film's creators (30 minutes)
* Screen Tests - Those who did and didn´t get the part, with a commentary by the casting director
* Additional music cues
* TV spot
* Storyboard to Screen (DVD ROM only)
* Isolated Score
* Interactive menus
* Scene access
The boxes have an orange round £4 sticker on them. Possibly nationwide, got the last one from Altrincham.