Good Speakers....Discount voucher will not work on these
* The Mercury F Custom series loudspeakers utilise materials and components carefully selected to optimise the system performance. Dense wood material used for the cabinet construction, including a substantial MDF front baffle, provides the essential cabinet rigidity required of a good loudspeaker design. The bass and treble units are solidly built providing exceptional acoustic performance and long-term reliability.
* The Mercury F Custom Series upgrade boasts some excellent sonic enhancements:
* Crossover - the crossover components have been upgraded, including a high quality polypropylene capacitor used in the Tweeter
feed, and the circuit topology revised to deliver greater high frequency detail, better imaging and more control at the bottom end.
* Tannoy DMT (Differential Material Technology) - the interface between drive unit and the cabinet structure is crucial and this area is given special attention in the F1 and F4 Custom models. Bracing materials of different acoustic properties are used to dampen the driver to the internal bracing and then to the enclosure body itself; resulting in an exceptionally well damped structure that minimises the effect of unwanted resonances.
* Wiring the internal wiring has been replaced with high purity Van den Hul silver plated cable for lower energy loss and greater transparency.
* Termination panel the termination panel has been upgraded with high quality gold plated brass terminals to optimise the signal transfer with minimum information loss.
* The bass performance is rich and powerful while the mid and high frequency presentation is accurate, clear and dynamic. This natural sounding acoustic balance allows Mercury to reveal all the scale and impact of original soundtracks, this as well as delivering the subtle nuances of complex audio recordings. One listen and you'll know precisely what we're talking about.