I am going on holiday next week and was originally searching about for a good exchange rate. Then I read about prepaid cards - was unsure first - more searching and I found one of a few comparison sites. Anyway Tesco have from what I can see just launched a new card - Tesco Travel Money Card.
For me this seems like a smart option especially as today's exchange rate (25th July) they're offering is today's rate 1.3, $2.0 per £1 - much better than highstreet.
What they say:
Why the Tesco Travel Money Card is a smarter way to take money abroad
- 0% commission and competitive exchange rates
- No card application fee (BUT you do have to load a min of £100)
- More secure than cash, your card is chip and PIN protected
- More convenient than Travellers cheques
- Added protection against ID fraud and theft
- US Dollar and Euro versions available
- Control your holiday spending!