Tesco is one of the UK’s retail giants, operating over 3,000 stores across the country. It’s come a long way since being founded in 1919 and has a presence in 12 different nations. Tesco Direct is the firm’s online retail arm and it allows customers to order a huge selection of products for home delivery or in-store collection.
Where to Buy Tesco Direct Products
You can find your nearest Tesco Direct store via the store locator on the website. Just enter your postcode and filter the results accordingly. If you are shopping online, you can choose to display only those Tesco stores that offer Click and Collect services.
The Tesco Direct Product Range
If you want to make a purchase wherever you are, the Tesco Direct online store at www.tesco.com/direct is known for its broad product range, which includes the following categories:
• Home Electrical – Including appliances like irons, air conditioners, heaters, phones, sewing machines, lighting, hair dryers, electric toothbrushes and vacuum cleaners, as well as large appliances like cookers, washing machines and dishwashers.
• Home – Furnishings for the living room and bedroom, bathroom items, crockery, kitchen utensils, airers and dining room furniture.
• Garden – Featuring BBQs, outdoor heaters, gardening tools, lights, furniture, sheds, mowers, strimmers and even plants and seeds.
• DIY & Car – Cleaning tools and liquids for the car, power tools, sat navs and car parts, home cleaning tools, paint and brushes, and pressure washers.
• Sports & Leisure – Sporting equipment, bags & luggage, bicycles, gym devices, musical instruments, home brewing kits.
• Baby & Toddler – Nappies, cots, baby clothing, baby monitors, stair gates, bouncers, walkers, swings, prams, bedding and high chairs.
• Party & Gifts – Party accessories, decorations, flowers, gift wrap and balloons.
• Entertainment & Books – CDs, DVDs, Blu-rays, DVD and CD players, vinyl records, books, and magazines.
• Health & Beauty – Bath & body, dental products, skin care brands, men’s shaving, make-up and personal electrical items like beard trimmers or hair straighteners.
• Clothing and Jewellery – Tesco stocks its own F&F clothing range, which features men’s, women’s and children’s clothing, as well as a variety of major clothing and apparel brands.
Brands stocked by Tesco Direct include huge names like:
Making a Purchase at tesco.com/direct
If you intend to make a purchase at Tesco Direct, the first thing to do is to register for a Tesco account.
Using Tesco’s Clubcard Loyalty Scheme
When you spend money in Tesco stores or online, you will receive 1p of Clubcard credit for every £1 you spend. This credit can be spent on Tesco products or redeemed as rewards such as theme park visits, at a rate of up to four times their cash value. Find out more about your options as a Clubcard member at the Tesco website.
How to Find Bargains at Tesco Direct
The easiest way to find Tesco Direct’s current offers is by visiting the firm’s web page. The offers page collects any recent discounts and sales currently being offered by the store. The clearance section is exactly what it suggests – a place to find one-time “when it’s gone, it’s gone” offers. When seasonal sales are in progress, you can also find details at the sales page.
Tesco Direct runs annual Christmas and New Year’s sales, so check their pages regularly to track the current deals. The store also participates in November’s Black Friday retail event, which is a chance to secure huge savings on all kinds of goods.
Tesco Direct Brand Guarantee
Payment Methods Accepted by Tesco Direct
Tesco Direct accepts a wide range of payment methods, including VISA, Maestro, Mastercard, American Express and Tesco Clubcard. Tesco also uses the Verified by VISA payment protection system to ensure that all transactions are carried out securely.
Delivery Options from Tesco Direct
For small items, Tesco offers a range of delivery options and costs. Click and Collect costs £2, and Tesco will keep any items ordered to their stores onsite for 14 days. Standard Delivery (within 2 to 5 days) costs £3, Pick a Date Delivery (including the day after ordering) costs £5.95 and Express Delivery also costs £5.95. For books and DVDs, standard delivery is free of charge.
If you are ordering large kitchen items like fridges or dishwashers, delivery will be free of charge. These items are often delivered by Tesco’s partners, not Tesco themselves. The supplier will contact you 2 days before delivery to finalise the arrangements. Any other large items come with a £7.95 delivery charge, and the delivery date can be chosen when you checkout.
Tesco offers order tracking for every delivery. To track an order, go to the “my account” section and click on “view direct orders” on the Tesco Direct website.
Returning Items to Tesco Direct
All items ordered from Tesco Direct can be returned to the company within 30 days of receipt, along with proof of purchase. Customers returning their goods can request either a refund or a replacement. There are a few exceptions, including toothbrushes, underwear and any unsealed items, but most items will qualify.
If you want to return an item sold by Tesco Direct, there are a number of ways to do so. One option is to return the item to a Tesco store. Remember to take proof of purchase with you when you go.
Smaller items can also be returned by post:
1 If you choose this route, check the packaging that Tesco sent you with the original item. This should include a returns label.
2 Simply attach this returns label to a package containing the items to be returned. The label will include the correct return address.
For larger items, Tesco provides a collection service:
• Call the Tesco Customer Service line on 0800 3234050 (0330 1234050 for a local rate mobile call) and staff will arrange a collection time and date.
• Tesco will cover the cost of any postage costs when returning items, as well as the cost of the item and the original delivery costs.
Tesco Direct on Social Media
You can also keep up to date with the latest news from Tesco Direct by checking out the Tesco Living blog, which features life hacks, money saving tips and how-to guides to follow with Tesco Products.
Using Tesco Apps
Another way to purchase Tesco Direct products or benefit from their services is by using the range of Tesco Mobile Apps. The firm has produced several apps for iOS, Android and Windows devices that allow mobile users to use Tesco’s grocery shopping, banking, clubcard, international calling and photo services.
Contacting Tesco Direct
To contact Tesco Direct you can call two numbers: 0800 3234050 and 0330 1234050. These helplines are available from 8:00-23:00 (Monday to Friday), 8:00-20:00 (Saturdays) and 10:00-18:00 (Sundays).
The easiest way to send an email to the Tesco Customer Service Team is by filling in their online form.
Customers can also write to Tesco Direct via post:
• Tesco Clubcard
• Tesco Sco 3145
• DD2 3ZR
Alternatively, you may well be able to find the assistance you require at the Tesco Direct website. Check out their help section for answers to common queries.
If you need a new appliance for your kitchen, a collection of DVDs or a cutting edge mobile phone, Tesco Direct will have what you are looking for. You can also find bug discounts on many of the top brands stocked by Tesco Direct by regularly checking their dedicated HotUKDeals listings pages.