Set inside the political corridors of the United Nations and on the streets of New York. Interpreter Silvia Broome (Nicole Kidman) is an African born U.N translator who overhears a plot to assassinate an African head of state in a language only a handful of people can understand. It is due to take place when he delivers a speech to the U.N general assembly. However, federal agent Tobin Keller (Sean Penn) doesn't believe her story. Silvia's suspicious behaviour and dark past make it hard to tell if she's a victim or a suspect...
* Deleted scenes, Aternate ending, Audio commentary with director Sydney Pollack,The Ultimate Movie set -
* The United Nations - Inside this prestigious United Nations building in New York. Features interviews and walking tours
* conducted by official U.N. personnel, A Day In The Life Of Real Interpreters - A featurette detailing the unique career
* of an interpreter, Sydney Pollack At Work - From Concept To Cutting Room, Director Sydney Pollack explains the
* challenges of filming The Interpreter, Interpreting Pan & Scans VS, Widescreen - Using the interpreter as an example,
* director Sydney Pollack explains the difference between pan & scan and widescreen formats.