Get Your News Fix at Bargain Prices With The Sun
The Sun is the UK’s most famous tabloid newspaper, setting the news agenda with its current affairs coverage and keeping track of developments in the world of celebrities and professional sport.
The paper began life as a broadsheet in 1964, when the owners of the Daily Herald sought to reinvent their failing title. However, things really started to change when the Sun was purchased by Australian media mogul Rupert Murdoch in 1969. After that point, the focus was on bringing news to the masses and providing more entertainment coverage. The size of the paper was reduced to its familiar tabloid format, and circulation exploded.
Since then, the Sun has remained true to Murdoch’s ideas, providing down-to-earth news coverage and content that appeals to the British mainstream. Accessible, a little bit rebellious and irreverent, the Sun continues to be the UK’s most popular daily paper.
Where Can I Buy The Sun?
You can purchase the Sun from virtually every UK newsagent and news stand, or arrange to have a print copy delivered to your door every day of the week. Alternatively, you can log onto www.thesun.co.uk, where you can access a range of free news content and extra member services like Sun Bet and Sun Bingo.
Thesun.co.uk: News, Football, Bingo and More
When you visit the Sun’s website, you’ll find a wide range of content areas, with something for everyone’s interests. Some of the major areas include:
- News - The Sun’s UK and world news section. Features special sections on Politics, UK News, World News, Tech and Science and Opinion. You’ll find plenty of topical videos and comment sections to provide your own opinion to the conversation.
- Football - The Sun’s speciality is providing up to the minute football coverage, with a strong focus on the Premier League. There are also sections devoted to the Champions League, international football and the EFL.
- Sport - A general sport section, including coverage of horse racing, rugby union, boxing, tennis, cricket, WWE, MMA and NFL.
- TV – Showbiz & Celebrity news from the world of modelling, music and movies, with popular columns like Bizarre and Popcorn, as well as the day’s most recent reviews.
- Living - Featuring recipes, property news, real life stories, the Dear Deirdre agony aunt column, Sun Mums, travel articles, financial coverage, health content and Fabulous, the Sun’s beauty blog.
- Videos - A special section including video content created or sourced by the Sun’s team.
- Sun Bingo - Play online bingo from 10:00-22:00 every day for real cash prizes.
- Sun Bets - Place bets on sports like horse racing, football, tennis and greyhounds, with special offers, in play betting and professional tips from the Sun’s betting team.
How to Purchase a Subscription at Thesun.co.uk
If you’d like to sign up for a daily tablet subscription to the Sun, you can do so via www.thesun.co.uk. Just head to the "Sign up to the Sun" link at the front page, and you’ll be taken to a payment page where you can buy access to the Sun’s “Classic App”. With that installed, you can read the Sun’s latest content on all major tablet models, wherever you are.
You can also sign up for a print subscription via the Deliver My Sun website. In this case, you’ll need to search for a newsagent that stocks the Sun. The Sun will then send you vouchers that can be redeemed at your local newsagent for a print copy of the newspaper.
For the first 12 weeks, the Sun provides a free subscription. After that point, you’ll need to pay your newsagent for every subsequent copy. Your vendor will lead you through the process of setting up a regular payment for delivery after the twelfth week.
Payment Methods Accepted by The Sun.co.uk
When you sign up with the Sun, the paper accepts the following payment methods: PayPal, Visa (debit and credit), MasterCard (debit and credit). All payments will be protected by MasterCard and Visa’s own verification systems, to protect against cybercrime.
Sales at the Sun Website
The Sun regularly offers discounts for purchases of its print and tablet edition, but it doesn’t have a specific offers section on its website. Instead, the best way to keep track of current discounts is by bookmarking the Sun’s HotUKDeals listings, where any deals will be shown as soon as they are announced.
The Benefits of Joining The Sun’s Online Community
When you sign up with the Sun, you’ll be able to comment on articles and buy the tablet edition, but the benefits go beyond that. You can also take advantage of the Sun Savers scheme.
Under this loyalty scheme, readers need to collect 28 consecutive codes that are printed in the paper, scanning them on their smartphone as they go. When you’ve collected 28 codes, you can cash them in for £5.
To get started, you’ll need to download the Sun Savers App, which can be found for iOS and Android devices.
Cancelling Your Subscription With The Sun
- If you have signed up for the Sun’s tablet subscription, cancellation is simple. To end your deal, go to the Sun website and click the “My account” link.
- Now, enter your login details and go to your account console. You should see your tablet subscription listed under your current purchases. Just click the cancel subscription link and your subscription will cease at the end of the current month.
- When you purchase a subscription, you are entitled to a full refund up to 14 days after the beginning of the deal. After that, your rights to a refund are waived, so act fast if you feel that the Sun isn’t for you.
- To claim a refund, contact the Sun’s customer service team at: [email protected].
Where to Follow The Sun on Social Media
The Sun has plenty of social media channels where you can keep tabs on the latest news and deals that they have to offer. If you love their content and want to stay in the loop, you can follow the Sun on:
Using the Sun’s App
The Sun offers a free mobile app which provides up to the minute celebrity, current affairs and sports news, and is available for iOS and Android devices. With the app installed, you can read star columnists and advice columns, find out the latest football transfers and even watch the Sun’s videos.
You can also sign up for the Sun Classic app, which provides a classic tabloid style edition for tablet devices, as well as a special Sun Bets app, to help you wager on sports events, wherever you are. It can also be downloaded for Android and iOS devices.
Contacting The Sun
If you have a customer query or a new tip for the Sun’s journalists, getting in touch with the paper is simple and there are many options:
- Phone: 0800 018 5177 - a general customer service line for News International, the Sun’s parent company The News Desk can be reached at: 020 7782 4100
- E-mail: [email protected]
- You can also write to the Sun at:
- The Sun
1 London Bridge Street
London, SE1 9GF
If you have a simple enquiry about how to use the site, how to download apps or order products from the Sun, consult their Help Desk first.
Make Huge Savings on Your Daily News With The Sun at HotUKDeals
The Sun is a mainstay of British culture, selling over a million papers a day and attracting millions more to its online edition. Covering everything from sports to celebrity news and cookery, the Sun is a go-to source of information for UK customers and you can find plenty of deals for the Sun at HotUKDeals.