Safe. Fun. Effective.
According to the U.S. Census Bureau, there are about 250 million television sets in the U.S. and we can guess that the majority of them are turned on a lot of the time. All in all, this is not bad (heck, we enjoy a good movie as much as anyone else) but there are some occasions when you just need to do everyone a favor and turn the TV off. A certain portion of television content is just plain questionable and about as healthy as second-hand smoke.
Enter the TV-B-Gone, a small television remote that hangs on your keychain and turns off virtually any television with the press of button. "Now, what would be the purpose of such a device?" you may be asking yourself. Well, without revealing too much of our devious nature we can think of a few things. Imagine sports bars or annoying talking head shows that appear on monitors at the airport. Add to that your own creativity and we're pretty sure you'll come up with some ideas. All you need to do is press the button and keep pointing it at the TV until it turns off (which may take up to 69 seconds). The next 69 seconds will be spent quietly, or not so quietly, enjoying the perplexed expressions of the TV automatons.
The TV-B-Gone also has these great features.
* Turns off (and on) virtually any television
* Perfect for carrying on your keyring
* May take up to 69 seconds for the television to turn off (90% of televisions should turn off within 17 seconds)
* Range: 20 to 50 feet (7 to 17 m), depending on the make and model of the TV
* Contains 209 turn-off codes
* Regular Version works on TVs in US, Canada, Mexico, many Asian countries (European version also available!)
* Lithium batteries included (last about 3 months to one year depending on usage)
* Dimensions: 1.92" x 2.27" x .675"
* Weight: 26 grams with batteries
* European version is recommended for Australia