Another good game - don't think you can get this one now other than second hand or download? £1.99 after trade in - looks a decent offer from greenman gaming.
You play an Uplink Agent who makes a living by performing jobs for major corporations. Your tasks involve hacking into rival computer systems, stealing research data, sabotaging other companies, laundering money, erasing evidence, or framing innocent people.
You use the money you earn to upgrade your computer systems, and to buy new software and tools. As your experience level increases you find more dangerous and profitable missions become available. You can speculate on a fully working stock market (and even influence its outcome). You can modify peoples academic or criminal records. You can divert money from bank transfers into your own accounts. You can even take part in the construction of the most deadly computer virus ever designed.
* Original gameplay: Players have the opportunity to be freelance hackers.
* Freeform gameplay: Accept the missions that you want to play.
* Neuromancer rating: Let your morals guide you; save the net or watch processors melt.
* Uplink offers two totally different paths to l33t hacker status.
* Exciting missions: Crack a bank, hack a rival into jail, crash the stock market, and get out before youre caught.
* Thrilling action: Players have to make those last 15 seconds count and feel the tension rise, as their signal is traced.
* Deep plot: The computer underground can be a dangerous place, especially if youve got to stop the worlds deadliest virus.
If you have any version of Windows from Win95 through to XP you will be ok. Uplink uses openGL for graphics which is now installed as standard on all Windows systems. In addition, you will need around 20 megs hard disk space for installation.