Uplink and Darwinia are both reduced to £1.79 each on Green Man Gaming as part of their current promotion. Current trade in value on both games is £1.
You play an Uplink Agent who makes a living by performing jobs for major corporations. Your tasks involve hacking into rival computer systems, stealing research data, sabotaging other companies, laundering money, erasing evidence, or framing innocent people.
You use the money you earn to upgrade your computer systems, and to buy new software and tools. As your experience level increases you find more dangerous and profitable missions become available. You can speculate on a fully working stock market (and even influence its outcome). You can modify peoples academic or criminal records. You can divert money from bank transfers into your own accounts. You can even take part in the construction of the most deadly computer virus ever designed.
* Original gameplay: Players have the opportunity to be freelance hackers.
* Freeform gameplay: Accept the missions that you want to play.
* Neuromancer rating: Let your morals guide you; save the net or watch processors melt.
* Uplink offers two totally different paths to ‘l33t’ hacker status.
* Exciting missions: Crack a bank, hack a rival into jail, crash the stock market, and get out before you’re caught.
* Thrilling action: Players have to make those last 15 seconds count and feel the tension rise, as their signal is traced.
* Deep plot: The computer underground can be a dangerous place, especially if you’ve got to stop the world’s deadliest virus.
The world of Darwinia is a virtual themepark, running entirely inside a computer network and populated by a sentient evolving life form called the Darwinians. Unfortunately Darwinia has been overrun by a computer virus which has multiplied out of control. Your task is to destroy the Viral Infection and save the Darwinians from extinction.