Also same price on Amazon http://www.amazon.co.uk/ROBOTIC-ARM-KIT-INTERFACE-CONSTRUCT/dp/B005ERFUXG
Ideal for Raspberry Pi programming.
4/5 star reviews
Perfect for summer holidays for the kids to enjoy... keep them out of trouble!
Free click and collect or free delivery on Amazon
Robotic Arm Kit with USB PC Interface
• Exclusive to Maplin Electronics!
• Constructing a working robotic arm and control it from your PC via USB!
• A fun and exiting way to explore robotics via a PC
• Use your keyboard and mouse to have a real time control over the robot
• Includes software for controlling the arm supplied on CD-Rom
• Programming option to save or load pre-programmed user files for a series of movements
• Maximum Lift 100 g
• Requires 4 x D size batteries
The Robotic Arm Kit is a great learning tool for electronics enthusiasts and is exclusive to Maplin Electronics.
First you open the box and get to work assembling the kit.
To assemble the kit you'll need a screwdriver, a pair of wire cutters and some needle nose pliers. The instructions are clear to follow and assembling the arm should take 1-2 hours.
Once built, you can connect it to your PC (or Raspberry Pi) and program it to perform all sorts of robotic movements. The simplest method to controlling the arm is pretty straight forward - once you've got the software installed on your PC, you just point at the part of the arm (on screen) that you want to affect and click. You also have the option to program a series of movements.