Much faster than wireless, and totally stable - 200 mbps and with better reviews than most of the slightly cheaper ones:
D-Link’s PowerLine Homeplug AV Network Starter Kit consists of two adapters that use standard electrical wiring to create or extend a network.
You can connect any device such as computers, routers, media players, gaming consoles or storage devices at speeds of up to 200 Mbps over electrical wires, making this medium ideal for streaming high quality HDTV signals and enjoying music and games anywhere in your house.
Advanced technology built into these adapters makes them more resistant to electrical interference from other household appliances, so users can fully benefit from the maximum transmission speeds.
The adapters also include Quality of Service (QoS) mechanisms to ensure a lag-free experience for delay-sensitive applications such as gaming or Internet TV.
All that is required for set-up is pushing a button on the side of the device. This also ensure secure transmissions between PowerLine adapters. In addition, these adapters are among the first in their category to comply with the European Union directive for office and domestic devices (EuP), applicable since 7th January 2010: when idle, they enter a standby mode that requires less than 1 Watt.
* Compatible operating systems: Windows 7 Vista XP
* Source data-sheet: ICEcat.biz
* Minimum processor: 200 Mhz
* Internet connection required: Y
* Modulation: OFDM
* Converts any power socket into a network connection point;Improved resistance to electrical interference
* 200 Mbps data transfer rates over standard electrical wires: no extra cable needed
* Quality of Service (QoS) engine for prioritisation of multimedia content
* Simple push-button setup, with sophisticated data encryption
* D-Link Green: the environmentally friendly option
Microsoft Windows 2000 SP4
Microsoft Windows XP SP2
Microsoft Windows Vista