IMO very underrrated game, mixed reviews on Internet - from very mediocre to brilliant.If you enjoyed playing Hitman, Thief or Splinter Cell you would certainly like it.Good quality graphic while modest hardware requirements.
Windows XP/Vista, 3GHz Processor, 512MB RAM, 5GB HDD, 256 MB Video Card (nVidia GeForce 6800+)
some reviews can be found at :http://www.gamerankings.com/pc/929518-velvet-assassin/index.html
France 1940. Behind the fa?e of stability a secret, desperate, and cruel war of liberation has already begun. As a spy, saboteur, and partisan of the French resistance movement, the R?stance, you will also get involved in this fight.
The omnipresent enemy keeps everything under control and reacts on every kind of resistance in a barbarous and brutal way. An open military confrontation would be a lost cause.
Therefore, another way has to be found to fight the enemy. You conspire against the Nazis, operate underground, and pretend to be a harmless civilian. This way you can deceive and infiltrate the Nazis to strike secretly. But don't fall in the hands of the Gestapo that even plants spies in the resistance groups ....
* 22 levels will lead you through the cruel story, which is based on true historical facts.
* Scenarios in authentic French theaters of war in 1943/44, such as Paris occupied by German forces.
* Seven different characters with various specific attributes
* Complex enemy AI with numerous surprising behavior patterns
* Various clothing and uniforms allow the player to operate secretly in military areas behind the enemy lines.
* Player's behavior has a direct effect on the relationship between the population and the R?stance (betrayal, assistance, etc.)
* By skillfully sneaking up on the enemy, soldiers can be overwhelmed and forced at gunpoint to open doors and reveal vital information
* When under fire, the player can fake death by using the "Playing Dead Mode" to deceive the enemy