Wii Winter Sports 2009 (aka RTL Winter Sports 2009 / Winter Sports 2 - The Next Challenge), the sequal to Winter Sports 2008 which was quite popular and sold out everywhere until they released loads of new stock. The 2009 game has better graphics and controls, as well as balance board support (hint hint, those of you who, me included, who managed to get a Wii Fit from slacky666's deal earlier this year).
The game is released any day now (7dayshop and Play.com say 27th Feb, Amazon says in stock now). Amazon price is £29.99, Play.com price is £24.99.
You can get the 2008 game from Sainsbury's for £12.99 but that does not support the balance board.
- 15 playable disciplines spanning the 9 most popular winter sports
- Brand new campaign mode with 42 missions, incl. boss rivals
- Multiplayer party fun: hot seat (4 players), split screen (2 players)
- 21 locations loaded with atmosphere
- Controls perfectly adapted to Nintendo Wii
- Lively sports events with mascots, opening ceremony, presentation ceremony, national anthems and many more
- Career mode with a skill system, incl. increasing skill values
- Magnificent sound thanks to the presenter duo & rousing soundtrack
- Motion capturing in cooperation with a leading European studio and an up-and-coming figure skater
- Fully supported for use with the Nintendo Wii Balance Board
- New disciplines: Snowboard Half pipe & Biathlon
- A challenging campaign and reworked career mode
- 20 gadgets and several special characters to unlock
Winter Sports 2009 is the market leading winter sports compilation. The new successor packs tons of reworked and extended elements of its successful predecessors.
Numerous innovative features have been added and optimized.
With snowboard half pipe and biathlon, two new sports have been implemented. The career has been extended, now featuring over 40 missions.