The Witcher - Your name is Geralt of Rivia and you are a witcher, that means you kill monsters for a living. You were given special training to be the best at what you do and your body has been enhanced with potent elixirs to help you do it.
Suffering from amnesia you remember nothing of your past. Kaer Morhen, the last remaining keep of the witchers, was attacked by a mysterious organization, just as you were starting to lick your wounds there. The battle is won but the secret recipe for the mutagen, a substance required to create more of your kind, has been stolen. The surviving witchers set out to find and reclaim it and punish everyone involved. Memory loss or not, you are one of them.
Set in a dark fantasy world with a unique medieval, yet somewhat modern, feel to it, The Witcher isn't just another fantasy RPG. With a deep story, complex characters, and tough choices that actually matter, this game will keep you glued to your monitor for days.
- Arguably one of the best RPGs ever made, with a mature, non-linear story and a challenging combat system
- Beautiful graphics and an enchanting soundtrack create a very unique dark fantasy atmosphere
- The Witcher's universe is created by Andrzej Sapkowski - bestselling fantasy authorThe Witcher 2: Assassins of Kings
- The second installment in the RPG saga about the Witcher, Geralt of Rivia. A new, modern game engine, responsible both for beautiful visuals and sophisticated game mechanics puts players in the most lively and believable world ever created in an RPG game. A captivating story, dynamic combat system, beautiful graphics, and everything else that made the original Witcher such a great game are now executed in a much more advanced and sophisticated way.
The Witcher 2 was acclaimed one of the best RPGs by the biggest worldwide media outlets:
- “Redefines expectations for an entire genre” – New York Times
- “One of the best role-playing games in years” – IGN – 9/10
- “You can't afford to miss it” – Gametrailers – 9.4/10
- “One of the most memorable and best written fantasy video games you'll ever play” – 1up
What's New in the Enhanced Edition:
- Professional mod tool - REDkit beta: The REDkit is the best way to craft vast, living worlds – shape environments using intuitive tools and adapt them to your needs! Create your own RPG adventures and do it CD Projekt RED style!
- Additional hours of gameplay: New major adventures set in previously unseen locations, expanding the story and introducing new characters, mysteries and monsters.
- New Game Introduction and Cinematics: All new animations and cut scenes, including a new, three and a half minute pre-rendered cinematic depicting the assassination of King Demavend of Aedirn. BAFTA Award winner and Academy Award nominee Tomasz Baginski brings this key historical event to life, setting the stage for the story told in The Witcher 2.