The VE200 2.5" SATA HDD Enclosure is a replacement for your portable CD/DVD player and discs. Install your choice of 2.5" SATA Hard Drive (Not Included), load all of your ISO files onto the hard drive, choose the ISO file you wish to use via the built-in file select switch and LCD display and you can install your choice of OS directly from the hard drive to your system. The enclosure connects via USB or eSATA and is automatically detected as both a Mass Storage Device and an External Optical Drive.
The ZM-VE200 has an aluminium casing with an LCD display that shows the list of available ISO files that have been stored on the HDD. It is compatible with any 2.5" SATA hard drive or solid state drive, and doesn't require any additional drivers or software to mount the ISO files. It is USB powered and has both USB 2.0 and eSATA interfaces, plus a write protect key to prevent accidental deletion.
Loading your .iso files onto the VE200 device:
* Attach the drive to a computer via USB only, or eSATA, then USB.
* Make a primary partition, using either part of or the whole disk and format as NTFS.
* Make an "_iso" folder in the root of the drive e.g. as "E:_iso"
* Copy all your ISO images to the "_iso" folder.
* Tell the OS to release the disk.
* Ready to go!
Booting from an .iso file on the VE200:
* Set the VE200 to be in either ODD-MODE or DUAL-MODE (HDD and ODD).
* Use the jog wheel to find the .iso file you wish to use from the list displayed on the LCD screen.
* Press the jog wheel in to select the .iso file and the CD/DVD icon will be displayed in the LCD display.
* Boot your target system and set the BIOS to boot from USB CDROM.
* Your system will now boot from the .iso file on the VE200 just as though you had a traditional optical drive.
* Dimensions: 135.3(L) x 78.6(W) x 13.1(H) mm
* Weight: 98.5g
* Materials Aluminium, Acryl, Poly Carbonate
* HDD Type 2.5" SATA HDD
* Interface USB2.0 (USB1.1 compatible), eSATA Direct HDD Access
* Data Transfer Rate USB 480Mbps, eSATA 3Gbps
* HDD Speed 5400rpm or 7200rpm, or SSD
* Power USB Powered
* ZALMAN ZM-VE200 HDD Enclosure
* USB Cable
* eSATA Cable
* Protective Case
* Mini Screwdriver and screws to secure the drive into the enclosure.