I have found myself using 'New' with 'Text only' options (i.e. http://www.hotukdeals.com/all/all/new?&text_only=true
) to get the site feeling as near as possible to the old site (which I too want brought back or made available in parallel, but hey thats a matter for others!)
With this view, however, may I make some suggestions:
1. I have no idea how 'hot' a deal is without clicking into it - could an indicator be incorporated into the spare white space on the left hand side of each deal?
2. Could a small thumbnail picture also be included without having to click into each deal? - perhaps the column area between 'Last Post' and 'Comments'?
3. Could the 'Comments' and 'Views' columns be centred as they just look and feel messy?
4. Is there any way I could be given the option to customize the number of deals shown per page? I'd like to see more than the 20 currently viewable per page?
5. Finally, I've noticed that the 'Filter Deals by Store' section includes a predictive mechanism (which I like) but when the name of the merchant I am looking for appears in among a list of other similarly names merchants, I need to click on the relevant merchant name and am unable to use my arrow keys to move down and enter to select it. (e.g type in woo for Woolworths)
If these suggestions could be implemented, I'd be a happy, well happier, HUKD bunny!
p.s. is there no way a skin of the old site couldnt be included within the new site?