Can Groceries Deals please be excluded from the front page?
I spent a while the other night customising my settings so I could avoid them however they keep on appearing. I think that the vast majority of them are a waste of time for the following reasons:
- It is uneconomical to make a designated journey just to pick up a low value item.
- The cost of fuel/time renders most of them pointless.
- Supermarkets run deals to sell product - they are usually at the end of every isle in the place in big piles with big signs advertising the deal. You would need to be blind to miss them.
- Most supermarkets run the same deals 365 days a year, I cannot remember a single time I have been to a supermarket where there hasn't been a deal on Coke/Pepsi.
- The same group of people seem to vote every groceries deal hot. They then go onto an 8 page discussion about how much they love said product and how they are going to buy 500 jars and have a bath in it etc etc...
-I joined this site because the MSE deal boards got clogged up with really poor deals on groceries - making it hard to spot good deals and a waste of time. It would be a shame to see this go the same way.
I tend to check this site at least 5 times a day, I like to have a quick scan of the first few pages as I have a few purchases in mind that I am looking/waiting for a deal on. Having to plough through pages of groceries deals is making this laborious.