I've noticed a trend on HUKD where people vote a deal or freebie or anything for that matter cold simply because they either have an opinion or it doesn't suit them personally.
Personally, i think that defeats the purpose and the idea of the platform, and people need to start doing the correct thing (or do nothing) for the benefit of all.
The idea here as I see it & i stand corrected, is to vote a deal HOT or Cold.
- The deal is useful to you or you can pass it on to someone else
- The deal is exactly what it says it is
- You have actually clicked on and used the deal and you're quite happy with the result
- If the deal isn't what it says it is. Period!
You need not vote a deal cold simply because:
- It's not for you
- It is posted in the wrong category/section, whether its a valid deal or not
- You have an opinion about it that is not necessarily universal
- Someone else has posted the same deal before and you think it's a duplicate. You may have seen/used the deal then but 100s of thousands of people out there may not have...
- You want to simply because you can!
There is always a third option which is simply to do neither and ignore the post. No post is ever completely useless and even if it's one person, someone out there will find it useful. It may even be what they've been looking for, strangely.
I just thought I'd put this out there as i'm sure there are a few people who feel the same way.
Please share your thought's on this so that we can enlighten one another.