Just had a quick read through the Code of Conduct for HUKD and realised there are only certain types of personal abuse mentioned;
IV. Racism, Religion, Sexuality:
Attacks on a person's faith, race, colour, sexual preference will not be tolerated and will be dealt with at the discretion of Admin and Moderators without prior warning to the offenders.
* A person's religious, sexual, political or any other orientation in life should be respected at all times.
* Any replies or discussion on these topics, should only be posted in the Miscellenaeous forum and must remain respectful and constructive.
V. Profanities, Foul Language, Rudeness:
There is a word filter in place to help remove profanities from posts.
* Anyone attempting to get round the word filter by any means will face a ban.
* Rude posts or images are also not acceptable and will be deleted without warning at the discretion of Admin and Moderators.
* Please be polite to your fellow members at all times.
I dont really see how this is effectively covering all abusive comments flying around on HUKD (expecially recently)...Surely there should be a 'bullying' area, or an 'otherwise offensive' area as "Racism, Religion, Sexuality" are not the only ways to abuse someone online. Any attacks on members or even non-members should result in punishment (obviously dependant on the severity).
In brief....just wondered why bullying (or the like) and personal abuse is apparently (according to the CoC) tolerated on HUKD?
The closest at the moment is 'please be polite' which sounds advisory at the most....