We are moving soon and the time has come to part company with the Arcade Cabinet I built the back end of last year.
I'm not sure how to list this, so I'm just going to jot down some basic info below and then field questions I guess!?
The cab has hardly been used in truth and I built it more as a project to keep me busy, to prove I could do it and because I have always wanted an arcade cabinet! Just never got the time to dedicate to playing it once I'd finished!
* Cab is built from 3/4" thick MDF and is VERY solid!
* Built using the instructions from the 'Project Arcade' book - considered THE bible in cab making.
* Size of cab was adjusted at design stage so it would fit in a smaller area and have a 19" TFT monitor in it.
* Cab is painted black and was primed/sanded a few times to ensure lasting qaulity - there is not a mark or paint chip anywhere on the cab. With just the paint applied, you have chance to fully customise how you like with side art should you desire.
* The control panel (where the joysticks/buttons are) was built using some of the most expensive components available on GroovyGameGear and were shipped from New York. They will still be under warranty until September 2008. All controls work perfectly and in truth, cabinet has hardly been used!
* I will also supply some extra parts, such as 2 reels of wiring, some small tools you may need and the Project Arcade book in case you ever wish to change anything. Also comes with a keyboard and mouse which are housed in the cabs drawer.
* The PC is of a 'decent' spec - plenty fast enough to run most of the 6500 games available on MAME and the like (P4 3ghz, 1gb RAM). The monitor is a silver 19" TFT with no dead pixels and is a actually a decent monitor for its age. Due to the config, all of these parts can be replaced with your own if desired.
* Also supplied is a high quality USB light gun imported from Asia. USB access is provided from the side of the control panel to allow you to hook up other accessories too - for example, I had a Guitar Hero controller installed at one point.
Not sure what else to say really!
I've made a webpage with more information on, which can be viewed at:http://www.paulboreham.co.uk/arcade.htm
And my blog which charts the building of the cab can be found at:http://paulmakescab.blogspot.com
So you are also buying the story behind the materials!!
I've been told by one of the UKs top buyers/sellers of MAME style cabs, that he would be surprised if a cab of this quality sells for less than £850 in his experience.
So I will bow down to his knowledge and are open to offers around that mark.
Due to size/weight, this would have to be collected in person (would need a small van I imagine - full dimensions are on my webpage) and would need 2 people to lift it - though it is on wheels.
I am not looking for trades of any kind. We are moving and I need the money and do not need any more kit to move with us!!!!!!
I'm going to leave this item on here for a few days and see if I get any interest. Then try HotUKDeals and then Ebay finally at the end of the week. This has to be sold and out within the next 14 days.
Just to clarify - this ISNT advertised anywhere else!
I copy/pasted the text from AVForums when I listed it there earlier in the week (now removed from there)