Am Selling 13 PhD Nutrition Smart Bars. Bought last month from Monster Supplements.
Selling cos I am moving away very shortly, and won't be able to finish them all in time.
Toffee Caramel Crunch Flavour. Great Tasting Bars!
Heres the Technical Info
PhD Nutritions Smart Bar fills the void left behind by modern-day nutrition bars crammed full of sugar, hidden carbohydrates, gelatine, artificial preservatives and other ingredients that essentially are no good for those seeking optimum health and vitality. The Smart Bar contains No artificial sweeteners! The major source of carbohydrates within the bar comes in the form of 100% natural fruit juice, which as many of you will know contains fibre and naturally-occurring fructose, a carbohydrate with a low glycemic rating of 23. Whilst many protein bars contain potentially-unhealthy (delete comma) ingredients such as corn syrup, glucose, hydrogenated fats and other such additives, the Smart Bar is purity in comparison. PhD Nutrition were determined to create a nutrition bar that differed from the rest of the market. Our objectives were clear:
1. PhD didnt want the bar crammed full with artificial sweeteners. (v)
2. PhD wanted a natural and healthy carbohydrate source that rated low on the glycemic index. (v)
3. PhD wanted the bar to contain healthy nutrients not usually seen in a sports bar. (v)
4. PhD wanted a nutrition bar with Whey Protein and Micellar Casein for slow, steady release of amino acids throughout the day. (v)
5. PhD insisted that no nutrition bar in our range would contain hydrogenated fats or gelatine. (v)
Balance and necessity
Athletes need balance in our daily diet. Excessively low in any nutrient and you are essentially missing out on all the benefits that each nutrient can supply to the diet. Smart Bar, provides the ultimate, healthy bite-size, dual-action protein bar, which serves as either:
* A pre-workout snack with just the right amount of protein and carbohydrates to ensure a productive workout.
* A snack between meals to ensure protein levels are maintained and constant throughout the day
* A late night snack complete with dual-acting protein sources and naturally-occurring fibre to ensure a slow and steady release of amino acids.
* An ideal mini-meal whilst on the road or throughout your regular day.
per 100 G
per 65 G Bar
Just a few benefits of the ingredients within in Smart Bar!
- Whey Protein may help boost energy levels and assist with muscle growth.
- Whey Protein is a natural source of Leucine, a Branched Chain Amino Acid that plays a vital part in muscle protein synthesis. (1)
- Added dietary protein may help provide satiety, potentially aiding weight-loss and helping to avoid snacking.
- Smart Bar is rich in Branched Chain Amino Acids (BCAAs) from 3 protein sources (Whey Protein, Micellar Casein and Soy protein)
- Whey Protein is also rich in cysteine, a precursor to the potent antioxidant Glutathione.
- Whey Protein Concentrate contains naturally-occurring components that play a large role in maintaining gut and intestinal health. Three pre-biotic components of Whey Protein (Glycomacropeptide-GMP, Lactoferrin-LF and Calcium) all have potential to act as friendly bacteria within the colon and ensure optimum health. (2)
- Whey Protein can help bolster the immune system and ensure optimum well-being.
- Smart Bar contains Micellar Casein which is a very slow-release protein, shown to be efficient at releasing amino acids into the bloodstream over a long period of time.
- Soy Protein compares extremely favourably to Whey Protein on many fronts. One study showed that supplementing with a nutritional bar containing Soy Protein favourably increased antioxidant status post-exercise, in fact more so that a bar containing Whey Protein only. (3)
- Recent experimental and epidemiological studies have provided convincing evidence for a variety of health benefits derived from the consumption of Soy Protein and soy food products.
1. J Nutr 131 856s-860s, 2001
2. Naidu AS, Bidlack WR, Clemens RA. Probiotic spectra of lactic acid bacteria (LAB). CRit Rev Food Sci Nutr. 1999; 38(1):13-126
3. Nut J.2004 Dec, 8:3:22. Soy versus whey protein bars: effects on exercise training impact on lean body mass and antioxidant status.
Natural Fruit juice, PhD Smart Protein blend (Whey Protein Concentrate, Soy Protein Concentrate, Soy Crispies, micellar casein) Milk Chocolate Flavour Coating (15%) (Sugar, Vegetable fat, Cocoa Powder, Milk Solids, Lecithin), Flavouring, Sodium.
Will sell for £10 including P&P