RMA 'ed a dead WD 74GB Raptor HDD and received the 150GB Velociraptor instead.
Once arrived, I opened and was going to install this badboy in my system however, I decided to go for an SSD instead.
The drive is brand spanking new in it's original manufactured formatted condition. It has never been hooked up or used.
As a Systems Engineer, I recommend the drive be used as the OS partition - it will be RAPID at 10,000 RPM e.g. Windows XP/7 boot times around the 30 second mark providing you got a fairly decent CPU/Ram combo.
I can take pictures for anyone that needs them.
* Killer speed - Built on the performance bloodlines of WD Raptor, these 10,000 RPM drives, with SATA 3 Gb/s interface, and 16 MB cache deliver mind-bending performance. Not only are they 35% faster than the previous generation WD Raptor drives, but they also beat out all other competitors in the field.
* Rock-solid reliability - Designed and manufactured to mission-critical enterprise-class standards to provide enterprise reliability in high duty cycle environments. With 1.4 million hours MTBF, these drives have the highest available reliability rating on a high capacity SATA drive.
* Ultra-cool operation - WD VelociRaptor consumes 35% less power than the previous generation of WD Raptor.
* IcePack mounting frame - The 2.5-inch WD VelociRaptor is enclosed in a backplane-ready 3.5-inch enterprise-class mounting frame with a built-in heat sink that keeps this powerful little drive extra cool when installed in high-performance desktop chassis.
* Rotary Acceleration Feed Forward (RAFF) - Optimizes operation and performance when the drives are used in vibration-prone, multi-drive chassis.
* NoTouch ramp load technology - The recording head never touches the disk media ensuring significantly less wear to the recording head and media as well as better drive protection in transit.
* Ideal for Performance enthusiast systems, workstations, and servers
More details can be found here: http://www.ebuyer.com/product/149434?utm_source=google&utm_medium=products