This unit is taking up room and we don't use it. We have a xSeries 226 for our projects/studying.
* 1x Intel Xeon 2.80Ghz CPU (upgradable), 2 CPU slots (You could buy another Xeon 2.80Ghz for duel CPU) - 32-bit only as far as I know but runs the 64-Bit 3.00Ghz Xeon CPU from our 226 fine.
* 512mb PC2100 Server DDR RAM (upgradable to 8GB depending on OS) - Might be able to find more ram before sale (but just assume I can't find any) - 4 x PC2100 DDR slots
* Onboard ATI RAGE XL graphics (seems to be on a laptop style memory slot) (AGP Pro slot for upgrades also) - Can throw in a inno3D nVidia GeForce FX5200 128mb for haggling!
* 48x CD-ROM drive - Normal IDE type so upgradable
* 425W ASTEC PSU - IBM OEM unit
* 6x IBM SCSI Ultra320 hot-swap slots with 6x blanking plates - No HDDs for security! - As this was an ex-business unit - They are cheap enough to buy on eBay! - Controller board included with working battery (I forget which ServeRAID version it all is).
* Onboard sound - It's basic, but does the job!
* 2x Rear USB(see faults), 2x Serial ports (useful for Router/Switch console), 1x Parallel, 2x PS-2, 2x Front USB
* No floppy disk drive - If I find one before it's sold then I'll include it!
* One of the rear USB ports bust - Looks repairable, just fiddly!*
* Case has some marks/scratches (will include pictures soon)
* Key for case side panel lost - It is unlocked though!
* Original discs lost, all drivers, setup discs can be found via the IBM website looking for xSeries 225>8649>5CG
Exact server model: IBM eServer xSeries 225 8649-5CG
Would make an ideal file/print/email/intranet server for a small business, a small scale web server.
Or even for IT Tutors as a server teaching tool, Students as a learning tool, for projects or just for hobbies!
It might not be a beast of a server but it would probably surprise you to find out a fair few large organisations run their sites on servers less powerful than this one!
A fair few businesses use less powerful servers than this also without any issues!
Price... I have no idea what it's worth! So for the sake of the rules let's say £100 - I will listen to [size=3]any[/size] offer as this unit is taking up valuable space!
ps. I don't want any comments from those not interested in buying this unit... You know, comments like "Ewww... IBM... Shoulda bought a Dell!" lol
pss. I submitted this with BB code, I have now idea if it will display correctly!
ppss. Apologies if any rules are broken, I have read them and assume the above is all fine!
[b]Unit is in Mirfield, West Yorkshire as is available for pick-up[/b] or arrange your own courier (It's fairly heavy!)