Vauxhall Vectra LS 1.8 Petrol 16V (1999) - Silver
I am regrettably selling my sparkling silver Vauxhall Vectra as I have had to change to a people carrier due to having our third child.
I have had this car since September 2006 and it has been a delight to drive. It has been incredibly reliable and has started first time every time, even through the past couple of extreme winters. I've never had a major issue with the car and have only had what I call "run of the mill" repairs done which any car would need during a 4 year period. During the 4 years I have had this car, I've done approx 34,000 miles - so averaging about 8,500 miles per year means it hasn't been hammered.
I have looked after this car well, although the exterior has a few small cosmetic signs of use that you would expect for a car of this age. The interior however is in super condition. I have recently had it professionally valeted.
I like to be 100% honest, so I am listing all the positives and negatives of this car below - so anyone interested knows everything up front. I prefer to over-describe things, so some of the cosmetic marks I mention are probably less noticable than I make them sound.
Mileage - 114,494
Engine Type - X18XE1
* MOT until 4th September 2011
* Taxed until 31st July 2011
* Recently valeted
* Economical and practical
* Cheap insurance group
* 4 new tyres within the last 12 months (all in great condition - as is the spare)
* All wheels have had new brake discs and pads within the last 15 months
* Brand new top of the range lithium battery bought from Halfords 18 months ago
* Brand new centre exhaust section installed just 1 month ago
* Other parts replaced in the last 12 months:
- Lambda sensor
- MAF (airflow) sensor
- Ignition coil
* Last serviced on 20/02/2010
* Kenwood CD/MP3/Radio head unit with removable front included (I replaced the standard Vauxhall one with this - it's a fantastic head unit!)
* Brand NEW rubber floor mats just added for the new buyer (I couldn't get the original ones cleaned to a good enough standard for you, so decided to replace them instead)
* New wiper blades
* FREE dashboard LED set included
* FREE touchup pen set from Halfords included
* Part service history included
* Air conditioning hasn't worked for about 2 years. I've never had it looked at, as I've never needed to use air con. I suspect it needs regassing.
* 3 x dashboard bulbs have gone and need replacing (2 are behind the clock/temp display, one is at the far right end of the dashboard) - I have bought a brand new set of white LEDs (from Crazy LEDs) which includes LEDs to replace every bulb in the dashboard - but have not got around to changing them. I will include the LED set in the sale.
* Rear exhaust box will need replacing in the next 6 months. When the garage changed the centre section recently they advised it would be fine until the next MOT in September,but would probably need doing then. Doesn't affect driving/economy at the moment though.
* What I call 2 larger marks on the bodywork - both from slightly scraping against posts when parking I think. One of them is a yellow mark and the other is white (where thepaint has come off). Neither are down to the bare metal and can easily be touched up. Both pictured in this listing.
* One slight dent in the rear drivers side wing. It is about the size of a 2p coin and can only be seen from certain angles. Pictured in this listing the best I could.
* Patch of rust around the rear windscreen wiper mount. Not has this properly looked at, but it hasn't gone right through into the boot - so it may be repairable by sanding down and applying primer/paint. It has very gradually developed over the years but not caused me any problems (i.e. no damp in the boot, etc).
* A few tiny stone chips on the bonnet which is entirely normal. All repairable with a touchup pen - I am including a Halfords touchup kit in the sale.
At the moment this car is parked on my driveway as I currently do not have it insured (have transferred the insurance to my new car). Therefore a test drive is not going to be possible. However, I am more than happy for anyone interested to come and have a look in person and run the engine, etc.
The terms of this sale is full payment in CASH upon collection of the vehicle. I will not accept any other method (including Paypal) so please do not ask.
Any questions just ask! Thanks.
Newcastle Upon Tyne