What to do with your SIM once you've got it
* First, set up an account with us.
* Next, ask your current network for your Port Authorisation Code (PAC), which is like a key that unlocks your number. Getting your PAC takes two working days at most.*
* When you get it, call to tell us you want to transfer your number. Do this within 30 days of getting it, otherwise your PAC expires and you'll need to ask for another one.
* Wait as little as seven days for us to complete the transfer.
* And that's it. Welcome to 3.
Once you've joined 3, we'll credit your account with £10 to spend how you like
* When we receive your PAC, we'll transfer your number at the earliest date possible (a minimum of five working days), unless you specify a later date.
* To cancel the transfer, you must give us at least two working days' notice.
* To change the transfer date, you need to give us 48 hours' notice, and you can only change this to a later date (not earlier).
* You might not be able to make calls on the day of the transfer. If this happens, we'll restore your service by 5.30pm of that day.
* Your number can be transferred anytime between seven and 37 calendar days from the date you received your PAC. We'll give you at least seven calendar days' notice.
* Your current network provider will not give you a PAC if your number is disconnected or there are issues with your contract - for example, you have a minimum term contract.