For toddlers aged 18-30 months
The Bookstart+ pack aims to boost a childs language building and listening skills with fun and engaging books and materials.
England, Scotland and N. Ireland only.
For Wales see Welsh Early Years pack.
Full list of contents
* A bright-coloured nylon satchel with the Bookstart Bears logo
* Two books
* A colouring pad
* A pack of crayons
* A 'Numbers are Fun!' bedroom frieze
* A set of 'Bookplates' colourfully illustrated stickers for children to place in their books, saying, 'This book belongs to .. thus encouraging children to build their own book collection
* A book list Great Books for Toddlers (available to download pdf 2.2Mb) and guidance leaflet for parents and carers
* More things to do with books! leaflet which focuses on early language and listening skills.
Content of packs may vary.
How can you get a pack?
You can receive the Bookstart+ pack from your health visitor if your toddler is aged 18-30 months. Otherwise please ask at your local library, but remember to take your health record book along with you.
NB. You do not have to join the library to receive your Bookstart+ pack.