A very useful camera bag tool......for all you budding wanna be professional landscape photographers (& professionals alike) out there who like to catch the sunrise/sunset for great photo's.....a heads up for this free desktop/notebook download ...also available for the iphone/ipad/ipod touch but costs £5.49 has 5* reviews for it's portability.http://itunes.apple.com/gb/app/the-photographers-ephemeris/id366195670?mt=8
What's it about?
The Photographer's Ephemeris (TPE) is a tool to help with the planning of all types of outdoor photography, but particularly landscape and urban scenes.
It is a map-centric sun and moon calculator: see how the light will fall on the land.
TPE's map-based approach means you are not limited to a predefined list of locations, which often don't include the places many photographers go. Instead, search for any place name on the planet or position the map pin exactly where you want it.
Advanced features including automatic time zone and elevation detection, correction for atmospheric refraction and height above the horizon, ensuring that you have the best possible information for planning your shoot.
You can even determine when the sun or moon will be visible behind nearby hills and mountains.
Key features of TPE for iOS:
- Time and direction of sunrise and sunset
- Time and direction of moonrise and moonset
- Phase of the moon and % illumination
- Times of civil, nautical and astronomical twilight
- Graphical display on a map
- Save any location you want - no fixed lists
- Automatic time zone detection for any location on earth
- Determines elevation above sea level
- View azimuth and altitude of sun/moon for any time of day/night
- Distance, bearing and elevation angle between any two points
- Find when the sun/moon will appear from behind a hill
- Compensation for atmospheric refraction
- Compensation for elevation above the horizon
- Does not require network connection for rise/set times and azimuths. (Note: maps and elevation do require a data connection)