To celebrate the start of our 250th year, Kew Gardens
will be open for free on New Year's Day 2009.
New Year's Day Walk
Pick up a leaflet upon arrival to follow our special self-guided New Year's Day walk around the Gardens. This walk takes you to some of the areas of the Gardens that Kew staff enjoy most at this time of year, as well as exploring the must-see elements such as the Palm House and the new Xstrata Treetop Walkway. So you can discover Kew's highlights whilst working off those festive indulgences!
* Garden Guided Tours - 11am & 2pm
* Winter Evergreens Guided Tour - 12noon.
Both tours are free but have limited capacity. Please register with the guide at Victoria Plaza 15 minutes before the start time.
* Storytelling - Sessions at 1pm & 2pm in the Princess of Wales Conservatory
* Climbers and Creepers - Playzone open 10.30am to 3.45pm. Children's crafts and activity sessions run throughout the day - refer to New Year's Day leaflet upon arrival for details.
* Horse and Carriage Rides - 10.30am - 3.30pm, near the Orangery. Extra charge applies.
* Carousel and Children's Ride - 10.30am - 3.30pm, near White Peaks. Extra charge applies.
Kew Gardens will be open on New Years Day from 9.30am until 4.15pm (last entry 3.45pm). Please see our opening hours page for a full range of opening times. Free entry for all.