Its a tuner, chord chart, metronome and lessons all in one app for free! And it looks really good too. Brilliant.
If you have an iPod Touch, you'll need a microphone for the proper tuner, but there is an alternative tuner if you don't have one.
Here's what iTunes has to say:
Gibson Guitars, known worldwide for producing classic models in every major style of fretted instrument, including acoustic and electric guitars, mandolins, and banjos. The Gibson Les Paul guitar is the best selling guitar of all time and bears the name of the late, great Les Paul. Now you can have Gibson on your iPhone with the Gibson Learn & Master Guitar App. Gibson has partnered with Legacy Learning Systems, producers of the Learn & Master Guitar course, the most comprehensive guitar instructional series on the market, to provide you with a must-have application for any guitar player. This application provides you with essential tools to help you become a better guitar player as well as free full length lessons from the award winning Learn & Master Guitar course that will take you from beginner or intermediate to advanced.
- A professional quality Chromatic Tuner that will allow you to tune any instrument using the iPhone microphone (or iPod Touch with microphone attachment)
- Alternate Tuning settings so you can quickly and easily tune your guitar to various alternate tunings, including Open G, Low C, Drop D, Eb and others.
- A Standard Mode Tuner that allows you to tune each string to a sample tone
- An accurate Metronome with multiple time signatures, visual and audio options, and a set-your-own tempo tap pad
- A Chord Library with a sample of the essential chords for every player beginner to advanced
- Free Videos Lessons - Watch full length lessons from the Award Winning Learn & Master Guitar course. Watch as instructor Steve Krenz gets you started on your way to mastering the guitar. You will also be directed to printable resources to accompany these lessons on http://www.learnandmaster.com
- Quick access to Gibson.com's mobile site where you can keep up with the latest in music industry news, artists and events.
** iPod Touch users will need an external mic or mic'd earphones plugged into the audio jack in order to use the Chromatic and Simple tuners (with sound off) - To use the tune without a microphone, click on the Modes button on the Chromatic Tuner screen - change to the Simple mode with Sound "ON" - click DONE and you will be taken to the Simple tuner screen. Touch the string you want to tune and a tone will play and repeat. Tune your instrument to the tone being played.
Designed and developed by Gibson Guitars, Legacy Learning Systems, and Deepwell Software.