For children aged 36-48 months
A pre-assembled treasure chest, our pack for three-year-olds has a wooden effect like a pirates chest. It is beautifully illustrated with jewellery, coins and necklaces (to appeal to both boys and girls) and has a hidden compartment for keeping favourite books and drawings.
It comprises picture books, stickers, a pad and pencils to encourage early writing and guidance material for parents and carers.
England, Scotland and N.Ireland only.
Not available in Wales.
Full list of contents
* Treasure Box with a secret compartment
* A colourful plastic carrier bag
* Two picture books
* Treasure - a book of ideas. A guidance leaflet which focuses on early language and listening skills.
* Great Books for 3-5-year-olds - A5 book list
(available to download - pdf 2.5Mb)
* A set of 'Bookplates' colourfully illustrated stickers for children to place in their books, saying 'This book belongs to '
* A pack of coloured pencils
* Barrel pencil sharpener (approved by EU Safety Standards and by the CPHVA)
* An A4 colouring book
How can you get a pack?
Most children will receive their Treasure Chest via their early years setting, ie pre-school playgroup or nursery.
However if your child doesnt attend such a group or is minded at home or with a childminder, you can pick up a pack at a library. Remember to take your health record book along with you.
Please note that you do not have to join the library to receive your Bookstart Treasure Chest.