First time poster, find a cool app which allows you to push to send VOICE messages to all your mates with iPhone/iPad/iTouch/Android.
The application is FREE, and so is the service. It's the voice equivalent of WhatsApp.
Why SMS when you can push-to-talk? Talk to Droid & iPhone friends with HeyTell!
HeyTell® is a cross-platform voice messenger that allows you to instantly talk with friends and family. No account needed—just start the app, choose a contact, and push the button to start talking!
* Send and receive voice messages with other HeyTell users on Androids, iPhones, iPads, and iPods with the press of a single button
* Voice messages quicker than SMS—and free! (NOTE THAT CARRIERS MAY CHARGE YOU & YOUR RECIPIENT FOR SMS INVITES, but email invites and direct connections to users who have Low privacy set are free)
* Very low data usage, no more than sending an email
* Works on 3G, EDGE or WiFi
* Superior audio quality: At 16 kHz, HeyTell delivers twice the frequency range of a cell phone call
* Notifications alert you whenever a voice message is received if you enable the Background Service via Menu > Profile > Background Service from within HeyTell
✳ TIP: If you are using wifi and want to avoid late notifications, be sure to set your Wifi Sleep Policy to Never: Menu > Settings > Wireless & Networks > Wi-Fi Settings > Menu > Advanced > Wi-Fi sleep policy > Never.
* Quickly friend, unfriend, or block contacts. Adding contacts as friends ensures that you can always quickly find them by tapping the To: field and tapping "Friends."
* Choose from three different privacy levels to control how users can contact you without an invite:
✓ Low Privacy: Anyone who knows your contact information can connect with you without an invite.
✓ Medium Privacy: Anyone who knows your contact information and is friends with one of your HeyTell friends can connect with you. Otherwise, they must invite you to connect.
✓ High Privacy: No one can connect with you until you accept their invitation.
* If you want to, share your location with selected contacts while you talk
✳ TIP: To send your location information to a contact, you must have the Maps page open (tap the Target button) when you send the HeyTell message. For privacy reasons, HeyTell does not send your location unless you approve and have Maps open.
✳ Conversations can be saved and replayed offline, or deleted on-demand
✳ TIP: Long-press on conversations and individual messages to access extended View, Delete, and export options.
* All data and audio you transmit to HeyTell and your friends is encrypted in transit
* Earpiece and speakerphone functionality: Press the Speaker button to toggle between earpiece and speaker mode (If you find earpiece sound is too low, enable the speaker)
* You do not need to share personal information to connect with HeyTell contacts. See http://heytell.com/privacy and http://heytell.com/faq for more information about connecting without sharing phone numbers or email addresses!
OFFICIAL WEBSITE (+DEMO): http://heytell.com/
ANDROID MARKET: https://market.android.com/details?id=com.heytell&hl=en