This October hmvcurzon Wimbledon cinema turns 1 and to celebrate we have a week of wonderful films for which you win tickets! Fancy a cinematic classic, perhaps an award winning contemporary foreign film or maybe even catch an exclusive preview of critically renowned British director’s new film? We are holding one-off free screenings for the following films:
• Sunday 17 October at 11.30am - The Leopard [PG] Italian with English subtitles. 163 min.
‘The Leopard’, based on Giuseppe Tomasi Di Lampedusa's best-selling novel, must surely rate as one of the most sumptuously beautiful epics ever made. Set in 1860-62, during the turbulent period of Italian unification, the film tells the story of an aristocratic Sicilian family threatened by the political upheavals. Burt Lancaster excels as the ageing Prince of Salina whose beloved nephew Tancredi (Alain Delon) goes off to fight with Garibaldi's revolutionary 'Thousand' and on his return falls in love with Angelica (Claudia Cardinale), the beautiful daughter of an up-and-coming merchant. Offering a gorgeous evocation of an era, the film won the Plame d’Or at the 1963 Cannes Film Festival, and is now presented in a stunning Digital restoration.
• Tuesday 19 October at 8.45pm: Waltz with Bashir 
German and Hebrew with English subtitles. 90 min.
This extraordinary animated feature is based on the horrifying experience of the director, Ari Folman, when he served in the Israeli army during the Lebanon War of the mid-1980’s. The film tells the story of his quest to unlock the trauma induced amnesia caused by that experience. Forman successfully manipulates the medium of animation to evoke nightmare, recollect war scenes and capture the heightened emotions of combat. The resulting visual mosaic combines with an eerily beautiful musical score to create one of the best anti-war movies of recent years.
• Wednesday 20 October at 8.45pm: Exclusive Preview: Another Year [12A]
English language. 129 min.
Award winning director Mike Leigh collaborates once again with British acting heavyweights Jim Broadbent, Lesley Manville, Imelda Staunton and Ruth Sheen in his latest and best film to date.
How can I get tickets?
You can get tickets (maximum of 2 per person) for these screenings by visiting our cinema box office from 6 October – tickets are on a first come first served basis, once they’re gone they’re gone so be quick!
Win tickets to CineKids!
Our hugely popular Cinekids is getting into the party spirit with a competition to win tickets to our CineKids screenings on Saturday 16 & Sunday 17 October and Saturday 23 & Sunday 24 October:
• Sat 16 October - CineKids: Tintin And The Mystery Of The Golden Fleece (Dubbed in English)
• Sun 17 October - CineKids: Tintin And The Blue Oranges (French with English Subtitles)
• Sat 23 October - CineKids: Two Brothers
• Sun 24 October - CineKids: Two Brothers
For a chance to win tickets (includes compulsory Adult ticket), email [email protected]
with your name and contact details and ‘CineKids Birthday’ in the subject line. Competition closes on Monday 11 October.
hmvcurzon Wimbledon will also be holding a prize draw with prizes including Curzon Cinemas Cineaste Memberships (worth £50) and Moët and Chandon Champagne! Look out at the cinema during our birthday week for details of how to enter!
Ticket giveaway - Terms & Conditions
* Terms and conditions apply: Not to be used in conjunction with any other cinema offer. Only available in person at hmvcurzon Wimbledon. Maximum of two tickets per customer. No cash alternative. Management reserve the right to refuse service. Offer valid between 17 October – 20 October 2010 on specified shows only.
CineKids Terms & Conditions
Please Note: It is the law that no child under 8 may be left alone in a cinema. No adult unaccompanied by a child will be admitted to these screenings.
dont forget to add heat