Finally!! A good free app to compete against National Rail who charges a ridiculous £4.99 for theirs, this alternative is completely FREE!
I particularly like the fact that you can download timetables and use it offline. Must have for commuters and people who travel often.
This is the official app from thetrainine and is perfect for anyone who needs to access timetables and plan rail travel. You can also download timetables and refer to them anytime, whether your iPhone (or iPod touch) is online or not.
Plan your journey
* View rail times and journey information for all national routes
* No need to worry about missing your train - timetable information is updated daily
* Find your nearest station from a list or map using your iPhone's location services
* From "Plan Journey", one click takes you to thetrainline site where you can purchase cheap tickets from us
Saved Journeys and Timetables
* Download timetables that can be viewed when you're not online
* Save your favourite journeys for easy lookup
Next train home
* No need to run for your train, one touch finds the next train home
Tweet your journey
* Sheep on the line? Share live news about your journey or find out who else on the train supports your football team