VLC have just released this excellent app to stream movies from pc/mac to iPhone, iPod or iPad and its free (supported by ads)
Here's the info:
Sit anywhere in your house and watch movies or TV shows on your iPhone, iPod or iPad.
✔ Streamed over wifi
✔ Directly from your computer (Mac or PC)
❛Can these guys do no wrong? Seriously, if only other app devs knew how to make apps as well as these guys, the world would be a better place. Or at least my device would be less buggy. I was just watching a Full HD copy of Avatar Extended Edition being streamed from my PC on my iPod Touch 2nd Generation and it looked and played amazingly.❜
- UK Reviewer
This is a free version of VLC Streamer which is supported by adverts.
VLC Streamer uses the power of VLC to stream your movies to your device. You can watch anything from your movie collection. No need for complex conversion processes. No need to manually transfer movies to your device.
There are a huge number of movie formats, and VLC can convert most of them - but it can't convert everything. If you have any doubts, then please try the free version of this application first.
• Features include •
- Supports Mac OS 10.5 and above
- Supports Windows, XP, Vista, Windows 7
- Free helper app gets you streaming quickly
- Browse local drives, and Windows network shares
- Support for multiple resolutions and streaming quality levels
- Live streaming of video after a few seconds of processing (assumes a reasonably powered computer)
• Response to feedback •
-If you do have any problems streaming movies, then please just check the help instructions in the app. Feel free to drop me an email (my personal mail is in the app) if you need help.
- VLC Streamer will not play DRM protected videos. Videos from the iTunes store do include DRM.
- VLC Streamer is designed to work on your local network.