I am getting some money in a few days and I have decided to put some of it towards a Nintendo Wii. However, I have absolutely no idea about them except that they look fun judging by the adverts on TV. I know that most places sell the console and Wii Sports for £180. So I wonder if you kind and knowledgeable folks could answer a few questions for me, please.
1. What else do I need to buy with the console? I have seen loads of accessories for sale, eg. steering wheels, tennis racquets, Wii remotes, nunchucks.
2. What is a remote and what is a nunchuk - what different things do they do? I know you get one of each in the starter pack, but do I need more of these for 2 people to play the same game?
3. If you buy a game that involves driving or playing tennis, do you then need to buy a steering wheel and racquets? If not, how do you steer, or hit the ball?
4. My girls (age 7 & 5) have asked for Mario & Sonic at the Olympic Games - do I need to buy extra accessories to play this?
5. How does it plug into the TV?
Any recommendations for other games?